joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have my good camera but caught these beautiful mammatus clouds as they drifted over Mt. Pisgah this morning. Wish I would of had the Dslr. Anyone see the sunrise this morning? The past 3 sunrises and sunsets have been absolutely amazing with the various mares tail and strata cloud forms! Just another reason to love living here.

547d3df3f1240b5fec9766f4be066fb6.jpg

I went and watched for about an hour on the parkway but didn't see anything :/

I decided to not go since kp value wasn't good enough for me to risk my life driving up Blue Ridge Parkway by myself. Had a close call once in the past and was not willing to go up there again at night unless there's something epic going on.

Didn't have my good camera but caught these beautiful mammatus clouds as they drifted over Mt. Pisgah this morning. Wish I would of had the Dslr. Anyone see the sunrise this morning? The past 3 sunrises and sunsets have been absolutely amazing with the various mares tail and strata cloud forms! Just another reason to love living here.

Sunrise this morning was AMAZING when I woke up. Sadly I was too sleepy to take pictures quickly, but I'm with you on sunrises/sunsets last three days! Wish I had time away from my stupid midterms to take pictures with DSLR :(

Agreed Met. Teens looking very likely next weekend. Hoping we can get by April without another late hard freeze. Don't want a repeat of last years late April at 20 again. Definitely would not be surprised to see the flakes again. Would actually fit with the early 4 inches on Halloween.

Yeah the cold shot look impressive with a couple of snow chances according to the gfs. I could see highs back down in the 30s abs lows in the teens. Yeah have to watch out for dogwood and black berry winters. They always get you.

So far I like our snow chances for this weekend and much colder air on the way.

I will be on the mountain top tomorrow afternoon through the weekend for a change.  Will take some pics if the snow showers develop as expected. Might get a heavy dusting. Looks like it will only be 16 degrees up there during the day Saturday..yikes! :)

I will be on the mountain top tomorrow afternoon through the weekend for a change. Will take some pics if the snow showers develop as expected. Might get a heavy dusting. Looks like it will only be 16 degrees up there during the day Saturday..yikes! :)

Yeah the cold looks impressive for this time of the year. Enjoy Mike. Hope all is well in Michigan.

The nws has increased pops for tomorrow through Saturday for rain and snow. Temps are going to be a shock to the system as well. High for Saturday looks like about 32 degrees with a low of 16 now for Sunday morning

Maybe 2 to 3 in the Smokies and 1-2 for the rest of the border counties                                                                                      

............A PERIOD OF DECENT NW FLOW SNOW SHOULD OCCUR

FRIDAY NIGHT. IN REGARD TO SNOW ACCUMS...THE LATEST MODEL CONSENSUS

OF QPF HAS TICKED UPWARD SOMEWHAT SO THAT ADVISORY TYPE SNOWFALL MAY

OCCUR IN THE SMOKIES. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE ON THE ORDER OF 2-3

INCHES IN SMOKIES WITH GENERALLY 1-2 INCHES ELSEWHERE IN THE TN

BORDER COUNTIES.

Archived