joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. This map did not verify at any location near me. I'm in concord. Maybe 3". Total embarrassing bust for the models and mets. Can't wait to hear the explanations. Haha

Warm nose. Lack of high in New England. That's all you need to know about this bust, but how classy of you to rip my map on Mountains thread...

I do agree it's slightly embarrassing for models and mets to get this wrong, but you know what? Meteorology is an imperfect science :) We're all still learning even in 21st century!

Widespread 6-8" from Boone to Mount Airy to Wilkesboro. Shift the stuff near Charlotte 5 or so counties north and it is good!

Also, I shouldn't have gone so high with totals between Charlotte and Raleigh. Had I put down 8+ in a smaller area to north like you said, I would've gone well.

Met has been all over this NW flow for the past 3 days! I hope it gives us all another dusting! I am queing up a 1.5 min time-lapse of the snow right now so I will post that when it is done processing. All and all great event, got 5" right at my threshold on my 5"-8" call so I will take it. Glad everyone got to see flakes, maybe we can get another GL track into March. Here's to hoping lol and LR models say cold will return so its possible.

Met has been all over this NW flow for the past 3 days! I hope it gives us all another dusting! I am queing up a 1.5 min time-lapse of the snow right now so I will post that when it is done processing. All and all great event, got 5" right at my threshold on my 5"-8" call so I will take it. Glad everyone got to see flakes, maybe we can get another GL track into March. Here's to hoping lol and LR models say cold will return so its possible.

Yeah I like this little system coming in. Also the warm up looks pretty brief.

I did timelapse as well last night, but it was like 15-30 minutes per picture as it was my first time. Which software should I use?

I did timelapse as well last night, but it was like 15-30 minutes per picture as it was my first time. Which software should I use?

With my webcams, I capture a snapshot every 10 seconds and when I create the videos, it's 30 fps. I use Sebectec IPTimelapse software. 

My time-lapse from yesterday:

http://www.daculaweather.com/images/camera_3905/3905_video.mp4

http://www.daculaweather.com/images/camera_5501/5501_video.mp4

is it possible the valley gets a dusting tonight?

Yeah like Dacula said, you can find a free one. I actually use a program called panolapse which had a deflicker feature and will fix apature issues with night to day sequences, but any of them are good!

Yeah like Dacula said, you can find a free one. I actually use a program called panolapse which had a deflicker feature and will fix apature issues with night to day sequences, but any of them are good!

Thanks, Hvward and Dacula!

I might have to do that short timelapse when I get back from Ohio.

Clouds have rolled in but not really impressed with the radar. We have some light snow with a temp of 22 degrees.

Nice little dusting here. Maybe a 1/4 inch. Down to 21.4. Most of Yancey and Mitchell Co. are without power. Substation caught fire. It's been out since 1 am. A lot cold people out there this morning.

Archived