joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, what a joke. We were at 58 degrees when our WWA went into affect and we haven't even dropped below 36. I doubt we see a single flake or IP from this joke of an event. They even did an early dismissal for schools, FOR A FLIPPING COLD FRONT! We must have a person from Key a West FL making school decisions around here, it's pathetic.

Yep, what a joke. We were at 58 degrees when our WWA went into affect and we haven't even dropped below 36. I doubt we see a single flake or IP from this joke of an event. They even did an early dismissal for schools, FOR A FLIPPING COLD FRONT! We must have a person from Key a West FL making school decisions around here, it's pathetic.

They did the same here, let them out at 10:30. They dismissed Asheville city early and it's still 40 degrees.

Looking at temps, I could only find two stations in all of WNC that are close to freezing. 

I'm really starting to wonder if that's it for this winter.

They did the same here, let them out at 10:30. They dismissed Asheville city early and it's still 40 degrees.

Looking at temps, I could only find two stations in all of WNC that are close to freezing.

I'm really starting to wonder if that's it for this winter.

we are about 34 at the house and no I think we may have a few more events but I am ready for spring.

Man it has rough for you guys this year. Really for everyone on the mountains. I still have hope for the next month.

well we did have 13 inches this winter which isn't bad at all but we were so close to having a couple of good snowstorms and missed out on them, very disappointed a couple of times and now Robert thinks after next week a big cut off low will dump on someone in the southeast a pretty good paste job. With our luck it will be Virginia and Kentucky again just north of us and we'll get a cold rain at 35.   Let's hope not.   :snowing:   :snowwindow:

well we did have 13 inches this winter which isn't bad at all but we were so close to having a couple of good snowstorms and missed out on them, very disappointed a couple of times and now Robert thinks after next week a big cut off low will dump on someone in the southeast a pretty good paste job. With our luck it will be Virginia and Kentucky again just north of us and we'll get a cold rain at 35. Let's hope so. :snowing::snowwindow:

Yeah I'm hoping for a good paste job. We are sitting at 32 inches for the year but still below normal.

Archived