joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am right at 4.5 inches and I believe that's about it for this event.

Same here, maybe 5 if we have another little burst before it ends. A nice, beautiful little snow. I love it when there is no wind and it sticks to everything. Should be relatively easy to remove from roads as well. 

On to Wed. night !!!!!! What are peoples thoughts this morning. We still looking pretty good or do we still need a little trending ?

Same here, maybe 5 if we have another little burst before it ends. A nice, beautiful little snow. I love it when there is no wind and it sticks to everything. Should be relatively easy to remove from roads as well.

On to Wed. night !!!!!! What are peoples thoughts this morning. We still looking pretty good or do we still need a little trending ?

I think we are sitting pretty just like today. I say double today's totals and that should about do it.

SREF is up to 10 inches in Asheville with a little bit from what we got today. FOUR plumes above 20 inches

I like 3z SREF better because it's not so biased toward ARW members sitting at 20 inches, but 9z SREF is not bad either with most members at 5-6 inches!

Congratulations today! Wish I was at the ski areas now. Then Wednesday night looks like you guys are finally going to get an all snow pounding from the southwest. All levels are below freezing up to that pesky 700 mb. For once we in the Great Tenn Valley will not be sending a warm plume. Even some minor storm track changes won't hurt the forecast. (Edit: 12z NAM just edged 850/700 low/wave north, but critical thickness and 700 temp still good.) Convert all of the QPF to snow in the mountains. Then snow showers all day Thursday. Maybe even some Friday? Skiing is going to be absolutely grand all sites including southwest NC, 90th+ percentile even for the Rockies, through the weekend!

:ski:

Got to say, it's AWESOME to see 3 inches on ground, but I'm ready for that big one to add up. We should get above normal for the year after this one :)

Congratulations today! Wish I was at the ski areas now. Then Wednesday night looks like you guys are finally going to get an all snow pounding from the southwest. All levels are below freezing up to that pesky 700 mb. For once we in the Great Tenn Valley will not be sending a warm plume. Even some minor storm track changes won't hurt the forecast. Convert all of the QPF to snow in the mountains. Then snow showers all day Thursday. Maybe even some Friday? Skiing is going to be absolutely grand all sites including southwest NC, 90th+ percentile even for the Rockies, through the weekend!

:ski:

I'm thinking about hiking Roan Highlands to get some snow pictures :D

NAM not as much up here this time around but who knows what will happen? Is it bad that I get angry when Raleigh gets more snow than us? Just doesn't seem fair :P

Nothing to worry about yet.  Watch the trends from the 09Z SREF which will come out later this afternoon.  If they trend down then the NAM is onto something.  For now, status quo as we await the GFS.  06Z GFS looked a little better and should be yet a little better still at 12Z I would think.

Nothing to worry about yet. Watch the trends from the 09Z SREF which will come out later this afternoon. If they trend down then the NAM is onto something. For now, status quo as we await the GFS. 06Z GFS looked a little better and should be yet a little better still at 12Z I would think.

yep I agree HT. One run and 8 still think we are sitting best across the region.

Archived