joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys can you believe the system is trending dryer, well with the way the winter has gone I guess we can all believe it but man for once I wish the models would trend stronger and colder not always weaker and warmer.  :axe:

GSP and Ray have backed off considerable with only an inch or two before the changeover. It would have nice to go "snow on snow" to salvage a little something this winter. 

Stayed around the -3 to -4 mark all night. The Toe river is frozen solid all the way across. Looking forward to a balmy 19 today !!

Had a low of negative 3 this morning. Baby's crying for there mommas cold out there. Lol got that from Ginxy in the NE forum. Yeah Thu system is all over the place. We have the cold but it is drying up. We will just have to see how it goes down!

nws now saying in Mississippi that the storm is trending , moving a little more south.  maybe we'll get a little more precip instead of all of it going up into kentucky

Drove by the French Broad this morning and it looked like the sides were beginning to freeze. Also heard the Swannanoa was frozen over in spots. Wow it is cold!

Drove by the French Broad down by 12 Bones and around Carrier Park and it there were parts completely frozen over. A lot of it(most of it) just had a thick flow of ice. 

Drove by the French Broad down by 12 Bones and around Carrier Park and it there were parts completely frozen over. A lot of it(most of it) just had a thick flow of ice. 

One of my friends took picture of ice jam occurring on French Broad somewhere north of Asheville. It was interesting!

About the same here, maybe a half inch. If all that moisture in TN would have been able to come though we would have been buried. Temps are already on the rise so our window is closing if it's not already shut.

There's is a lot talk about about the pattern next week but I'm not feeling it. Having a prime pattern and getting a storm are two totally different things. I'm going to give this winter maybe  2 or 3 more weeks to redeem itself and then I'm calling for spring.

About the same here, maybe a half inch. If all that moisture in TN would have been able to come though we would have been buried. Temps are already on the rise so our window is closing if it's not already shut.

There's is a lot talk about about the pattern next week but I'm not feeling it. Having a prime pattern and getting a storm are two totally different things. I'm going to give this winter maybe 2 or 3 more weeks to redeem itself and then I'm calling for spring.

yeah if the storm moved further east we would have been in business. Oh well glad for Tennessee. yeah next week do not expect anything much. It will probably trend worst through the week. We will be cold and dry.

There's is a lot talk about about the pattern next week but I'm not feeling it. Having a prime pattern and getting a storm are two totally different things. I'm going to give this winter maybe  2 or 3 more weeks to redeem itself and then I'm calling for spring.

Well, if it like the last two "springs" we will end up with snow flizzards and cold wind well into April.  I am ready for southeast ridge and torch at this point but a third consecutive trough after trough spring is what I am expecting.

Snow blowing in the air, but amazingly the sun comes out strong at the same time when it hasn't been out all day. I am a little bitter today. We are 7(seven).... 7 .... degrees below normal and we have a sleet storm and a 1/2 inch of NWFS to show for it. This winter, based on the expectations, has probably been one of the worst winters I can remember. If it is not going to snow, I don't want my power bill jacked up with cold.  Okay, I am done. The sun is blinding me through my window. 

Snow blowing in the air, but amazingly the sun comes out strong at the same time when it hasn't been out all day. I am a little bitter today. We are 7(seven).... 7 .... degrees below normal and we have a sleet storm and a 1/2 inch of NWFS to show for it. This winter, based on the expectations, has probably been one of the worst winters I can remember. If it is not going to snow, I don't want my power bill jacked up with cold. Okay, I am done. The sun is blinding me through my window.

lol I agree. This winter has been a complete failure with snow, cold, and the indices being horrible beside the pna. I will never put much wait again on the SAI again.

Archived