joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models haven't trended in our favor lately. I was hoping to end winter with a bang but unless there is a major shift soon this will be a terrible winter (snow wise). 

I'll agree I was hoping to wake up with everyone excited about wednesday or and next weekend but I don't see to much excitement anywhere.  lousy winter with all these threats you would think one would work for all of us.  crazy we get the moisture it warms up and we get the cold its dry, they don't have this problem in the northeast, they say its to cold and dry to snow here but what about the northeast as cold as it is, never seems to be to dry there.

I realize there has been a northern trend in a lot of the systems this winter but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen every time. I just hate seeing people say that the mountain folks get all the snow... Trust us folks, the mountain region knows well of disappointment. There has been many a storm where Raleigh and Charlotte get crushed while we are left high and dry.

The SREF has a mean of .59 inches. Trying to pull me back in lol

IIRC, the city of Asheville went from January 28, 1998 to December 17, 2009 without what I would consider a significant snow storm.  Sans blocking it takes a freak storm to get any significant snow in Asheville which, as we all know, is geographically quite close to the warm air of the GOM.

what would be funny is if Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina got a bug snow before we did.

no it would not. I have had three mornings below 0, 30-40 days of teens or lower and one day just getting above ten. I filled my gas tank up in August, Nov, and January and I'm already down to 40% and I run my water heater off it. If it's snowing I don't mind too much but this is beyond ridiculous.

no it would not. I have had three mornings below 0, 30-40 days of teens or lower and one day just getting above ten. I filled my gas tank up in August, Nov, and January and I'm already down to 40% and I run my water heater off it. If it's snowing I don't mind too much but this is beyond ridiculous.

lol I know. This winter has been plenty cold with nothing to show for it. It is rediculous.

15z SREF plumes up to above 2" for the Thursday time frame. 

Why we got to watch/hope for a typical NW trend. We could end up in a jackpot if things go perfectly, which is what couple of big dogs in 15z SREF are suggesting. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but we'll see :)

Why we got to watch/hope for a typical NW trend. We could end up in a jackpot if things go perfectly, which is what couple of big dogs in 15z SREF are suggesting. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but we'll see :)

yeah we saw that massive shift 48 hours out that took us from 8-12 to 1 inch of sleet. Hopefully we can get a strong low thru south georgia.

yeah we saw that massive shift 48 hours out that took us from 8-12 to 1 inch of sleet. Hopefully we can get a strong low thru south georgia.

Euro EPS look good for us this far out, but I'm not really sure we want to sit in 2-5" range this far out due to trends and stuff.

My opinion in just a few words: bank on the NW trend. It's happened all winter long. Many unique threats and we should get at least clipped by a few of them.

It's what I mentioned in last page. I'm waiting for NW trend to occurs :)

Wow 15z SREF plumes at KAVL are up to 4.63". Good trends but that does include a tad bit of snow on Thursday.

I think you mean 21z SREF. Wow, it's completely 50/50 between big dog members or little snow...

Archived