• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

The differences in Maine are astounding between the EURO and GFS. Especially the Maine Mtns. Sugarloaf gets the same QPF as eastern VT.

The precip is further east on the euro up here, Looking at radar and comparing the Euro at 18z, The radar looks west of the model out put

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha,split the difference Chris.

Honestly, the upper air progs on the Euro could argue for a tick west for QPF. That banding is real close to the coast up here.

Also, I can no longer find a melting layer on the 0.5 scan. That means we're getting mixed precip awfully close to the RDA.

Honestly, the upper air progs on the Euro could argue for a tick west for QPF. That banding is real close to the coast up here.

Also, I can no longer find a melting layer on the 0.5 scan. That means we're getting mixed precip awfully close to the RDA.

That's what I am trying to figure out tomorrow morning. Comparing 00z and 12z euro, you can easily see the curl west at 500mb over the Gulf of Maine. Although I am not doing surface wx as I originally thought..lol, just weenieing out a bit.

That's what I am trying to figure out tomorrow morning. Comparing 00z and 12z euro, you can easily see the curl west at 500mb over the Gulf of Maine. Although I am not doing surface wx as I originally thought..lol, just weenieing out a bit.

Very near the coast of ME I think it's definitely underdone. It has support from the CMC, but the CMC is much farther east with the upper dynamics so it makes sense within its own forecast.

The Euro just seems to have cut the NW edge too fine. So I'm playing it closer to the NAM QPF (GFS still being a weenie with 2.5" QPF for RKD).

Very near the coast of ME I think it's definitely underdone. It has support from the CMC, but the CMC is much farther east with the upper dynamics so it makes sense within its own forecast.

The Euro just seems to have cut the NW edge too fine. So I'm playing it closer to the NAM QPF (GFS still being a weenie with 2.5" QPF for RKD).

Nam still had decent qpf totals, More in line with the gfs, More so then the Euro

My guess was going to be 0.75-1.25"

I think my "official" grid is 0.90", but most of that is today/tonight when it's raining. Though I think there is going to be more snow around this evening than originally thought. We're close to flipping in a lot of places just away from the coast.

I think my "official" grid is 0.90", but most of that is today/tonight when it's raining. Though I think there is going to be more snow around this evening than originally thought. We're close to flipping in a lot of places just away from the coast.

0.32 in the cocarahs here so far

Archived