Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Lake Effect Snowstorm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sabres game tonight has not been cancelled, I think many fans do come from the north side and even Canada but I wonder if they may bring some sort of attendance low record.

I had tickets to that game. I was going to go with my dad. My dad has 2 inches in Amherst and is going with my mom instead... Pretty lame, yet Sabres are terrible anyways. ^_^

Watching the convergence of moisture on radar into the band is a site to behold. This is the perfect example of when everything comes together dynamically for a true historic LES event. The delta T's for this event were crazy, especially for one in November. A truly awesome day to be a snow lover and a meteorologist. Keep them coming guys!!

Watching the convergence of moisture on radar into the band is a site to behold. This is the perfect example of when everything comes together dynamically for a true historic LES event. The delta T's for this event were crazy, especially for one in November. A truly awesome day to be a snow lover and a meteorologist. Keep them coming guys!!

I've gotten 2 hours of sleep the last 48 hours. I just know I want to post everything I can because I always love coming back to historic events on these forums. I'll never see another storm like this in my life. So if you guys find anything/radar gifs/etc.. please post.

Definitely agree with the NWS latest discussion with round 2.  Just took a look at the BUFKIT soundings for both the 12km and 4km NAM models.  Flow starts SSW-SW tomorrow evening and gradually veers to a 245-255 degree direction after midnight Wednesday night and remains around 245-255 degrees through all of Thursday morning into early Thursday afternoon before gradually veering again to a 260 degree direction by late afternoon Thursday.  On Thursday night, that flow even veers to a 265-270 degree direction for a time.  

I definitely think that whatever snow band sets up on Wednesday night will do so first over Niagara and northern Erie in the evening and shift south from downtown Buffalo to the Airport after midnight Wednesday night.  I think on Thursday, unlike this event (although, I could be wrong), that we will see a band oscillate quite a bit between downtown and the southtowns during the day Thursday.  However, as I have learned from today's event, where the band sets up depends on exactly where it forms on Erie.  

By late Thursday afternoon and Thursday night, that band should shift across the Boston Hills and then into far southern Erie County before gradually falling apart late Thursday night and Friday.  

As for additional accumulations, early call would be a range from 1-3 inches across Niagara and the northtowns to 3 to 8 inches from north to south across downtown Buffalo to 12 to 24 inches across the southtowns and the Boston Hills to 6 to 12 inches across extreme southern Erie County.  

Archived