Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

64/35/30/0

If they see enough sun during the first half of the day that high should be attainable. If the winds go light enough in the evening they should drop hard (that's a 6z low I'm going for). Based on how the models did on winds today (generally, were low by in some cases as much as half) and what they show tomorrow, and based on 30 knots not far off the ground in a cold air advection regime during the afternoon, think that 30 knots isn't impossible to do. My winds may end up too high but I want to take a shot. Decent shot of mid-level moisture for a few hours but I think any precip will evaporate before hitting the ground.

My grade in the met class I am taking actually depends on this (the wx challenge as a whole). Curious, anyone else have the same situation going on?

In my class it's the opposite. Although the class is structured around WxChallenge, their grades do not depend on their performance in WxChallenge (though trophies do earn them small extra-credit bonuses). :P

Damn, no one is in the colder high temp.camp with me...hoping for evaporational cooling but didn't put precip (tried to change it to 0.02 when I got home from work just now but I was a minute too late)? :lol:

58/34/25/0

I did. Kinda.

60/38/23/.04

Honestly, I made a mistake pushing for 0.04. Hopefully I get some precip AND that 25+ knots so I can get myself into trophy position (currently 7th among Cat. 4).

A gutsy forecast on Day 2 got me into Cat.4 trophy position for Grand Folks last year and won it eventually, so I'm hoping it'll be the case again.

Sure, but the Euro has mid-30s by 06z tomorrow night.

Yes, I saw that, 34 at 6Z to be exact. What I meant was I am banking on the 6z temp tomorrow...going a bit warmer than the euro and a little cooler than the USL at that time. The fact that the Euro is in line with USL gives me more confidence is what I meant. The NAM/GFS MOS I am throwing out the window, hopefully i'm not wrong. This Is a lot tougher than Wilmington that's for sure.

My grade in the met class I am taking actually depends on this (the wx challenge as a whole). Curious, anyone else have the same situation going on?

At UNCA, there's a class that grade us based on improvement from first city to last city of the semester (unless the score is good already). I think that's coming up for me next semester, but we'll see.

EDIT: I should note it's not overall grade. Just a percentage of it.

Honestly, I made a mistake pushing for 0.04. Hopefully I get some precip AND that 25+ knots so I can get myself into trophy position (currently 7th among Cat. 4).

A gutsy forecast on Day 2 got me into Cat.4 trophy position for Grand Folks last year and won it eventually, so I'm hoping it'll be the case again.

61/39/20/0.00

Finishing the day with 2.0 points assuming the wind peaked at 17kts so far, hopefully gambling pays off again tomorrow. 

Alright, deviating from the almighty USL a bit :lol: I'm not just saying this because my high/low aren't close to it, but it'd be nice to have a day where the USL messes up. Just saying...

I read this post and chuckled a little to myself. It's mind blowing how the USL got it right again today to the EXACT temp high and low...and the NAM/GFS guidance as well as its ensemble members were so far off (by several degrees). Id bet money that the low tonight is going to be no where near 34 or 36 (NAM/GFS) and probably mid 40s per the USL.

Archived