joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look like I'm rooting on 6z low once again to get that 28... 

I still think there's a chance this morning...they should clear out again well before sunrise (at least I think haha), and with winds pretty much decoupled and dews near 30 I don't see why they can't fall into the upper 20's this morning if they do manage to clear. But we'll see.

Why is it taking so long to update winds for day 1 and now 2?

It's really ticking me off. I know I'm close to the top instead of fighting consensus, but I don't know exactly where I am and I can't use hyp. verification either until scoring is fixed.   

It's fixed now. I'm actually doing pretty well after all that. This has been a very crazy city and it's only day 3. Good luck to everyone

GFS and NAM MOS at bottom of team pages are still set for Wilmington, so it's little more work for us when it come to comparing MOS performance to USL.

On personal note, hopefully Butte can squeeze out couple more knots and for the low to rock-drop to 20s in time for 6z (12z USL today got 30 at 6z and 28 at 7z).

For those who follows college sports, y'all may be aware that Mississippi State is #1 right now in football. However, the coolest thing is the fact their head coach, Dan Mullen, used Mississippi State's WxChallenge national championship trophy as an inspiration to others that Mississippi State is capable of doing the same in football. Pretty neat, huh?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/14/mississippi-state-dan-mullen-inside-read

For those who follows college sports, y'all may be aware that Mississippi State is #1 right now in football. However, the coolest thing is the fact their head coach, Dan Mullen, used Mississippi State's WxChallenge national championship trophy as an inspiration to others that Mississippi State is capable of doing the same in football. Pretty neat, huh?

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/14/mississippi-state-dan-mullen-inside-read

Yeah, that is pretty cool! Now (if Oregon doesn't win out), I'll be rooting for Mississippi State. :P

If the low gets to 28 by 6z tonight, I won't be too angry about the high. Looks like the clouds will clear around sundown, and with dews in the low-mid 20's hopefully that lets things drop pretty hard this evening.

If it gets down to 28F or lower AND we keep the high at or below 51F, I can greatly improve my position, even with a crappy wind forecast. I've had not the greatest fist two days.

If it gets down to 28F or lower AND we keep the high at or below 51F, I can greatly improve my position, even with a crappy wind forecast. I've had not the greatest fist two days.

If we get the cold low I'll let you have the cold high haha

The "good" thing about cities like this is if you rip off a good forecast or two, you can gain a lot of points on the rest of the field. I had a horrible day 1 forecast, like one of the worst human forecasts in the country, but then I got lucky on the wind yesterday.

62/21/9... do feel a bit better about these.

Of course you are going to follow your 27 low, but if it isn't 27 and it's warmer than that 21 is not going to happen either. Besides the dew is about 4F+ than October 3rd, which had a low of 21F. Nothing I would be confident about. That low is actually quite bullish.

Of course you are going to follow your 27 low, but if it isn't 27 and it's warmer than that 21 is not going to happen either. Besides the dew is about 4F+ than October 3rd, which had a low of 21F. Nothing I would be confident about. That low is actually quite bullish.

I am working under the assumption that the dew points will be 20-21, and that they shouldn't have any problem getting to their dew points on a mostly clear, mostly calm night. I didn't say I'm confident, I'm certainly not... but I feel like I actually have reason to be there, where the previous three days I just put a number in and hoped for the best.

Archived