• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

Looks like I'll be in the top-5 after today, so now I have to try not to mess it up.

55/28/15/0

Seems like I generally agree with everyone else on the temperatures...looks like the clouds should hang around tonight and with all that rain it's going to be hard for the dew point to drop.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 38 on the 6z ob.

If I'm doing all the math right the finals for day 5 will be:

58/35/28/0.61"

So I'll stay put in 23rd place (all of that and I didn't move, not even one spot today) and about a point out of a cat 3 trophy.

They should eventually clear tonight although I'll be tucked away in bed when that happens, so I suppose upper 20's aren't impossible still. We'll see if they can drop the dews much once they clear.

If the low held at 28, I'll probably be #1 overall after today. 27 would be ok as well. My forecasts haven't been anything special but I've consistently been on the correct side of consensus and I did well on both of the crazy days.

Biggest concern for me today is the lack of wind. It looks more like a 10-12 kt day than my 15 kt forecast. Tomorrow looks much windier and there are issues with cloud cover. The storm impacting the PNW right now is unusually moist for one coming straight from the west.

I also had 15 knots and for now I'm boasting the lowest error points for winds for the city, so we'll see it I loose that title today. The NAM still appears to show 20-25 knots at the top of the BL around 21z so it's not hopeless yet.

Looks like a few more hours of full sun. It's nice to see some white on the higher peaks around Butte in visible imagery.

Archived