joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this site is a bit screwed up. Hopefully it fixes all the issues shortly. In regards to the city itself, as long as the temps fall into the upper 30's tonight, I'll actually be in the top 60. I honestly cannot believe it. This is a really fun city if you like this sort of thing

Doing quite the opposite here. :P

And another day where I don't feel confident with any of my numbers:

51/27/14

52/28/11/0

I hope the clouds move in and hold down the high. Also, why on earth did the temp go up to 69 now and the winds are still at 18 knots? This is getting ridiculous  :wacko:

The automatic WxChallenge scripts take all their info from hourly METARs. Every 6 hours, the hourly METAR gives the 6 hourly high and low, so the scripts can take advantage of that (hence the 69F). But the highest hourly wind was 18kts. That won't be fixed until the climo report comes out tomorrow.

That's the way it's always worked.

The automatic WxChallenge scripts take all their info from hourly METARs. Every 6 hours, the hourly METAR gives the 6 hourly high and low, so the scripts can take advantage of that (hence the 69F). But the highest hourly wind was 18kts. That won't be fixed until the climo report comes out tomorrow.

That's the way it's always worked.

Thanks Mallow. I just realized the 69 reading on Butte's update of the 48 hour observations, so that's on me for not noticing. The wind though is weird because in the hourly METARs, it actually recorded a 32 mph wind with 45 gusts. That should be good for 28 knots, but it never updated off that. I'm sure it will though. Thanks for the comment back. I wish the climo report was for Butte and not Missoula. Throwing me off, especially with all the other stuff I gotta do for school. Drives me up the wall haha

Edit: I really should've read down a few more posts. Ignore my wind debate. I'm just gonna forecast and keep my mouth shut :lol:  

Thanks Mallow. I just realized the 69 reading on Butte's update of the 48 hour observations, so that's on me for not noticing. The wind though is weird because in the hourly METARs, it actually recorded a 32 mph wind with 45 gusts. That should be good for 28 knots, but it never updated off that. I'm sure it will though. Thanks for the comment back. I wish the climo report was for Butte and not Missoula. Throwing me off, especially with all the other stuff I gotta do for school. Drives me up the wall haha

Edit: I really should've read down a few more posts. Ignore my wind debate. I'm just gonna forecast and keep my mouth shut :lol:  

This climo report...

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&product=CLI&issuedby=BTM

... is for Butte. It's released by the Missoula NWS office, but the report itself is for Butte.

This climo report...

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&product=CLI&issuedby=BTM

... is for Butte. It's released by the Missoula NWS office, but the report itself is for Butte.

Thanks for this climo report. The daily climo report I have access to is actually not for Butte, but for Missoula. My numbers are completely different since it's for KMSO. I'll use this link for now on. Thanks again Mallow

Archived