joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 67 now. Winds are out of the south at 18 knots gusting to 25 knots. A wind advisory kicks in at 3PM MDT and the models showed the best wind potential after 21z as they go more WSW, so we'll see what happens then. And then we'll see how low temps get by 6z. I agree, this is fun.

I had a feeling it would get this high but after not hitting 70F yesterday I was a bit deterred to go as high as I thought it might get.

I had a feeling it would get this high but after not hitting 70F yesterday I was a bit deterred to go as high as I thought it might get.

I figured that deeper mixing might offset cooler mid level temps, but didn't think we'd get temps about as warm as yesterday. I don't think a single piece of guidance had 67+ but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Yeah, the WxChallenge site is royally messed up right now for everyone. One of the Penn State forecasters actually disappeared from their database entirely and wasn't able to submit a forecast yesterday. I'm guessing they know.

I have been participating for half a dozen years now and this is the first time I can remember a major computer glitch.....so all in all not bad.

Archived