• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct.-Nov Pattern Discussion

jaxjagman

Looking up,for us in the W/TN to M/TN we have been waiting for this for four year.Of course for us this has a recipe for a warm nose this is why in our area to the west parts of the Valley you want to see cold already set in unlike the orographic parts of the valley

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a buddy north of Nashville that has been using the term snow dome for three years, long before Nashville media started using it last year. I told him if the dome doesn't get busted this year, he might want to consider moving if he wants to see snow.......

Davidson and Williamson county is the snow dome,anything between i-40 AND hwy 64 have been shut out.Shoot Lawrence county and around that area last year got around a ft of snow or more

Yeah to me the GFS looks better than the Euro does. The Euro has the cold stretched from West to East and kind of looks odd with the SE ridge being pumped up. You guys may do better than us for cold and snow depending on were the trough sets up.

Yeah to me the GFS looks better than the Euro does. The Euro has the cold stretched from West to East and kind of looks odd with the SE ridge being pumped up. You guys may do better than us for cold and snow depending on were the trough sets up.

I agree,it's own Esm. has the SER way out in the Atlantic

With ENSO finally getting its act together, does anyone know the typical lag time before the southern stream comes alive? (1.5-2 months?) I am thinking sometime in January, but hoping a little sooner than that.

You started seeing hints of it coming alive a few weeks ago actually.  This past week we saw Texas get clobbered with several inches of rain that the subtropical jet brought EPAC tropical moisture with it.  

Here's the GFS initialization from this morning.  See the green and yellow colors from west of the Baja Peninsula across Mexico into the Gulf of Mexico?  That's a stronger piece of the subtropical jet over in our neck of the woods.  You can see the polar jet to the north of it across the States.  So it's been active the past few weeks.

gfs_uv250_namer_1.png

the look on the 12z GFS at hr180 has my mouth watering... that is a classic southern snowstorm taking shape right there. That looks an awful lot like the Jan, 2010 storm. Crazy to even see that modeled in mid November, let alone any time of there year.

Yeah I was going to say I just looked at 12z GFS and was leading to something very big! It is the best look I've seen from models for this time period. Hopefully it can stick!

I think November just argues against anything big...The older I get the more climo seems to win the day. That said, it did indeed snow in Columbia last week. My parents always talk about a snow in the late 60s that happened around Thanksgiving. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic. If it was Jan...I would say full steam ahead. More things have to happen for snow in November. Mtns, yes. Valleys, going to have to see it to believe it. Still, we are really blessed to be talking about snowstorms this early in the season. Two years ago, we had nothing to track.

I think November just argues against anything big...The older I get the more climo seems to win the day. That said, it did indeed snow in Columbia last week. My parents always talk about a snow in the late 60s that happened around Thanksgiving. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic. If it was Jan...I would say full steam ahead. More things have to happen for snow in November. Mtns, yes. Valleys, going to have to see it to believe it. Still, we are really blessed to be talking about snowstorms this early in the season. Two years ago, we had nothing to track.

I'm just impressed by the magnitude of the cold which is being shown for Nov.I agree climo you'd rather see this in Jan.,but it's rare we track systems this early.

12z Euro has a Lakes Cutter during this time frame looking at these maps.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415473579.152371.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1415473598.290132.jpg

Euro moved the SER out into the Atlantic, unlike last nights run where for some reason placed it extending into the GOM.We now see the 850 climo almost 16-20 below norms in the NE Valley, a drastic improvement over all

Archived