joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct.-Nov Pattern Discussion

jaxjagman

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice +PNA signature is showing up on the medium and long range models.  Should bode well as we head toward the latter half of the month.  

But this coming week will bring some nice rain chances.  Some Gulf low action and tropical moisture from an EPAC storm will help spur some heavy rain potential this week.  

Nice +PNA signature is showing up on the medium and long range models.  Should bode well as we head toward the latter half of the month.  

But this coming week will bring some nice rain chances.  Some Gulf low action and tropical moisture from an EPAC storm will help spur some heavy rain potential this week.  

This is starting to look up   :)

The pattern for mid November definitely looks interesting...I may have to start accepting the idea of another cold winter...While I enjoy the snow I could do with out the near zero temperatures.

Great to have your input!  I agree the pattern looks cold for mid November.  Really crazy since a week or so ago there really wasn't much of a hint in the modeling and now all of the sudden the models are screaming cold.  I had an anti-snow feeling with this last system, b/c of the time of year, but as it kept getting closer, it looked better and better on the modeling. 

I know climatology argues against snow in the month of November, but the pattern coming up looks like a Dec or Jan pattern.  Will be interesting to see if another snow can occur in the upper south before the month is over.

That Aleutian storm (919 mbars) is key to next week's weather.  Signs are it will buckle the jet stream as we get into next week and send some very cold air South and East.  

ecmwf_mslpa_nhem_5.png

ecmwf_T850a_us_10.png

Won't that be an extratropical former supertyphoon? Recall that the remnants of Hurricane Ana were what gave the Smokys all that snow recently.

The Euro weeklies were all about a warm November just a week ago but as valkhorn said, the super typhoon (which is incredibly impressive if you have not tuned in) seems to get involved with the changing of the jet stream next week. Now, the weeklies from last night reflect cold to near normal by the end of the period. A remarkable turnaround....

Archived