Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

Uncle Nasty's Famous and easy margarita recipe: 

Juice as many limes as you want. Always use fresh squeezed limes.

Make a batch of homemade simple syrup. Very easy. Half sugar, half water. Bring to boil until sugar is dissolved.  

Now take the simple syrup and fresh lime juice and combine  equal parts. Now you have homemade sour mix.

Use 5 parts sour mix, 2 parts tequila and 1 part triple sec. Shake and strain over ice or blend if you prefer. If blending for a frozen drink might I suggest adding a little more tequila so it doesn't get diluted. Perfect and easy!

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncle Nasty's Famous and easy margarita recipe: 

Juice as many limes as you want. Always use fresh squeezed limes.

Make a batch of homemade simple syrup. Very easy. Half sugar, half water. Bring to boil until sugar is dissolved.  

Now take the simple syrup and fresh lime juice and combine  equal parts. Now you have homemade sour mix.

Use 5 parts sour mix, 2 parts tequila and 1 part triple sec. Shake and strain over ice or blend if you prefer. If blending for a frozen drink might I suggest adding a little more tequila so it doesn't get diluted. Perfect and easy!

Right on man, I gotta try it soon!

Regarding account changes, perhaps send a private message to Mr. Bob.  I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.  TapaTalk probably picked up on whichever account was associated with the email you entered after you installed it.

Right on man, I gotta try it soon!

Regarding account changes, perhaps send a private message to Mr. Bob.  I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.  TapaTalk probably picked up on whichever account was associated with the email you entered after you installed it.

I went into tapatalk settings. I logged off and logged back on under the TN Snow account. I have 4 total posts from the VW Builder account so I'm guessing that's why I don't remember ever setting it up. Thanks for the help. Waiting for warm days to break out the margaritas here!

I just realized that we've been below freezing here at the house since last weekend. My highest temp during the first storm on Monday was 30 degrees. I'll have to look back and see, but I believe it was Saturday evening when we went below 32, and haven't been back above since. It will be almost 7 days straight below freezing. That's hard to accomplish in January, let alone February. That's gotta be a record for this late in the year.

My boys just spent their savings on a Wii U so we're over here cracking out on Mario Kart 8. It's a nice distraction from tracking weather, especially after 2 snow/sleet/ice storms in one week. Gotta deal with insurance tomorrow about the pine limbs that fell on my camper, not looking forward to that. Last I saw those in the southern valley could be in for some more excitement. Good luck!

I believe that was mentioned a time or two during the multi-page discussion on the matter. I was waiting for somebody to start getting very stressed about the sun angle but so far I think that hasn't come up.

Yeah haha. You've got sun angle, solar mins/max, sunspots, cloud thickness, etc. Oh, and don't forget that the atmosphere has to heal first.

On a seriously note the sun didn't do jack squat on my driveway today.

I'm thinking the whole valley gets 2-3 tonight and into the morning.

Yeah haha. You've got sun angle, solar mins/max, sunspots, cloud thickness, etc. Oh, and don't forget that the atmosphere has to heal first.

On a seriously note the sun didn't do jack squat on my driveway today.

I'm thinking the whole valley gets 2-3 tonight and into the morning.

Aw man, and you've put in some man hours on that driveway over the past week too!

Speaking of driveways, mine is short but steep and levels right at the house.  My wife got some momentum the other day and was able to get up the thing when it was iced over (don't know how, that mini-van is terrible on ice).  So she gets out, gets one kid out and before she can get the other kid out of the car seat the parked van starts sliding!  Luckily it only slid about 3 feet or so but she was wigging out for hours, imagining if that van had slid all the way down the driveway, across the road and into the neighbors house.  Gotta be careful parking on that stuff man.

Aw man, and you've put in some man hours on that driveway over the past week too!

Speaking of driveways, mine is short but steep and levels right at the house. My wife got some momentum the other day and was able to get up the thing when it was iced over (don't know how, that mini-van is terrible on ice). So she gets out, gets one kid out and before she can get the other kid out of the car seat the parked van starts sliding! Luckily it only slid about 3 feet or so but she was wigging out for hours, imagining if that van had slid all the way down the driveway, across the road and into the neighbors house. Gotta be careful parking on that stuff man.

I've probably spent 8-9 hours on it this week. But I've asked for snow all winter so I'm not complaining. I feel bad for those in Wise and Lee County where buildings have collapsed because of all the snow. The EOC, food bank, and car dealership all fell in in Wise County. A church collapsed in Lee County. A lot of people don't have running water up there. I would say this would be the most snow on the ground for them at one time in 20 years (2-3 feet).

My driveway is about 75-100 yards long and is uphill most of the way. The start of the driveway has a good curve in it. That's where the trouble is. I should of finished it yesterday while it was slushy. Man that's some really bad luck with the van sliding. You can't make up some stories, lol. She has had some bad luck right? Didn't she wreck last year? Or was that another member?

Here is the start of my driveway looking back to the road. I couldn't shovel the stuff below. Its a solid sheet of ice and I'm out of salt.

f8f0dc136b7d07e64cb37b65c87fbaa6.jpg

Archived