SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MRX has a pretty good arcticle on part of the winter storms we got back in February. Why they did not mention the mid week clipper and the overnight mon. into Tues 3in event that most of us got though, I don't understand. I mean the 3 big storms were cool, but the clipper and the other system are what helped keep the snow on the ground so long here.

The only thing more rare than snow in the South, is the Aurora. I feel so lucky to have seen it once in Alberta. Totally unexpected while we were in Jasper NP, it was probably more amazing than seeing a tornado. (Rozel 2013 and Harper 2004 are close.) Felt like I could reach out and touch the Aurora at the top of the pine trees. It is the most incredible thing I've ever seen in the sky to date. As decades pass with each false Aurora hope I cherish that 1992 event more and more.

In other news, GFS is back to the April Fool's snow joke now hours 300-312. :weenie:

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell are the Braves doing now?Traded Kimbrel now,talk about a roster explosion,good grief :angry:

I KNOW I AM HAPPY. I Was born and raised in San Diego and lived there until I was 26 when I moved to Nashville in 2006.I feel bad for Braves fans but not to much as they have been to the playoffs so many times since 1990.Us Padres fans have suffered for a long long time and we finally have a team we can be excited about after all the big free agents they signed this year.

I KNOW I AM HAPPY. I Was born and raised in San Diego and lived there until I was 26 when I moved to Nashville in 2006.I feel bad for Braves fans but not to much as they have been to the playoffs so many times since 1990.Us Padres fans have suffered for a long long time and we finally have a team we can be excited about after all the big free agents they signed this year.

Upton is an Albatross - good luck with him he's about a 200 hitter now a days.  Kimbrel is amazing but honestly it took that to unload Upton's contract.

Upton is an Albatross - good luck with him he's about a 200 hitter now a days.  Kimbrel is amazing but honestly it took that to unload Upton's contract.

I don't expect much from Bj or Melvin or whatever the hell his name is today.But like you said that was the only way the Braves make that trade with the Padres.I also think it's a way for the Padres to sign justin upton to a long term deal if he has a big year this season.Lucky for Bj his brother is so good or he would be in the broadcast booth by now!!

What the hell are the Braves doing now?Traded Kimbrel now,talk about a roster explosion,good grief :angry:

Perhaps the only time I can recall in team history where you had someone you could count on almost everytime in the ninth inning. And now he is gone...The stadium is going to have some empty nights...no reason to see them, new stadium in the offing...we should look a lot like the Marlins did the last two years. It would be nice if Blank would buy the team.

Perhaps the only time I can recall in team history where you had someone you could count on almost everytime in the ninth inning. And now he is gone...The stadium is going to have some empty nights...no reason to see them, new stadium in the offing...we should look a lot like the Marlins did the last two years. It would be nice if Blank would buy the team.

We swept the Marlins :lmao: Let's see what they do when they play the better teams.Still believe this won't be a .500 team.If they are much better then Schuerholz and Hart did something magical that not to many people thought would ever work, this season anyways.

Archived