joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 9th-10th Severe Threat

andyhb

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh... not enthusiastic about a major rain event after the 18"+ we got in the lower level this May. We were going to head out to Sandy Pines today but decided to wait until Thursday after all the rain is finished. 

That said, I have two 3/4 hp pumps in the sump in case we get drowned here. I redid all the plumbing for the sump pump when I replaced the dead one that caused the flood. Thus far, the second pump (first has a pressure switch, second is a dual-float set above the top of the first pump) hasn't had to kick in during the heavy rains we had over the summer

And a PW of 2.46...wow. That's like 3 standards of deviation above the mean and probably close to record territory.

No doubt.  Unfortunately no RAOB sites in Indiana but looking at records for sites in adjacent states, it's basically record territory for September and not terribly far off from all-time records. 

No doubt.  Unfortunately no RAOB sites in Indiana but looking at records for sites in adjacent states, it's basically record territory for September and not terribly far off from all-time records. 

Funny you mention no RAOB site for IND...I was just going to ask if it annoys you guys. I get perturbed that St. Louis doesn't have one either. I say move ILX (since it is close to DVN) to LSX and then add one in IND and call it good.

Funny you mention no RAOB site for IND...I was just going to ask if it annoys you guys. I get perturbed that St. Louis doesn't have one either. I say move ILX (since it is close to DVN) to LSX and then add one in IND and call it good.

IND would be nice.  I'm just glad that ILX is there.

Archived