Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2014

SACRUS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it only 83? I think we're just used to above normal temps. 83 sounds so low, especially for Newark.

I was looking at NYC by accident.  Certainly not record or super hot but nice little burst of heat this week.

The vegetation at Central Park cannot be blamed today either b/c there's a meteorological reason for the nearly 10F difference in temps b/t EWR and NYC. Sea breeze front is located just east of EWR, w/ SSE winds from Manhattan eastward, and SW winds to the west of that boundary. LI has very strong southerly winds with gusts over 30-35mph right now along the south coast.

ips7s8.png

The vegetation at Central Park cannot be blamed today either b/c there's a meteorological reason for the nearly 10F difference in temps b/t EWR and NYC. Sea breeze front is located just east of EWR, w/ SSE winds from Manhattan eastward, and SW winds to the west of that boundary. LI has very strong southerly winds with gusts over 30-35mph right now along the south coast.

ips7s8.png

Not so sure it might have contributed to a couple degrees.  Sites in Queens, SI, and Brooklyn reached the low or mid 90s.  But LGA matched the park so it was liekly not that much of an influence.

Not so sure it might have contributed to a couple degrees.  Sites in Queens, SI, and Brooklyn reached the low or mid 90s.  But LGA matched the park so it was liekly not that much of an influence.

My guess is any station that reached 90-95F in the locations you noted east of NYC was probably a poorly placed or inaccurate sensor. Staten Island is to the SW of Manhattan, so less influence from today's N-S oriented sea breeze. LGA has been neck and neck with NYC so far this season.

My guess is any station that reached 90-95F in the locations you noted east of NYC was probably a poorly placed or inaccurate sensor. Staten Island is to the SW of Manhattan, so less influence from today's N-S oriented sea breeze. LGA has been neck and neck with NYC so far this season.

Winds stayed ssw here today so temp made it to 93.

Not so sure it might have contributed to a couple degrees. Sites in Queens, SI, and Brooklyn reached the low or mid 90s. But LGA matched the park so it was liekly not that much of an influence.

No way Queens got to 90 today. Both JFK and LGA fell short. And it simply didn't feel as warm as the low to mid 90s, not even close.

No way Queens got to 90 today. Both JFK and LGA fell short. And it simply didn't feel as warm as the low to mid 90s, not even close.

don't worry, LGA will make up for it when we get a W flow heat wave and they have a low of 92

Only got to 85 here in west central Queens. It was a quick spike too.

post-4195-0-35552700-1404265821_thumb.jp

LGA was cooler than Central park...There shoud be an investigation...

I saw Don got to 93 in SI (not sure where he is) and another poster from Queens hit 90 while user only goto 85.  How did you do in Richmond Towm?  I think aside from the wind, clouds limited heat in the normally cooler areas as well.

I saw Don got to 93 in SI (not sure where he is) and another poster from Queens hit 90 while user only goto 85.  How did you do in Richmond Towm?  I think aside from the wind, clouds limited heat in the normally cooler areas as well.

I live in southern staten island now and my car thermometer was in the low 90's...

Archived