joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYPD have some really rough scheduling. My childhood and life long friend joseph capo passed away last year sadly after working a double shift and crashing and flipping on the southern state driving home around midnight. I commend anybody who can work those shifts and not lose a beat, but i gotta say its got to do some damage to your as far as awareness thats for sure

Stop..thats what you signed up to do…..You raised your right hand to protect the people of NYC…..I know guys that are working thanksgiving and xmass this year 

I'm working Christmas and New Years. It's going to suck big time but it's my 1st year. I will get over it. I needed this job because I need the money and the benefits since my dad passed away. I couldn't live off of CVS money. Did I really want this job? Not really but I had no other choice.

Ant, do you have a set schedule? I just started with the city, I work friday-monday. Luckily I have all the holidays off this year.

I have  rotating rdo's.

NYPD have some really rough scheduling. My childhood and life long friend joseph capo passed away last year sadly after working a double shift and crashing and flipping on the southern state driving home around midnight. I commend anybody who can work those shifts and not lose a beat, but i gotta say its got to do some damage to your as far as awareness thats for sure

Because of my schedule, I barely see my gf and my mom. It is really hard but I have to live with it for now until I get some time on.

Last night was crazy with all the fireworks in the area where  I work. Plenty of shots fired calls but it was mostly fireworks.

Let`s hope that`s the worst the next 24 years has to offer you .  I have to tell you as a rookie this is the time to be gung ho .

You`re a year in and you`re always crying . " Its too hot " , "I hate the rain" , " Bitter cold sucks " ," I have to work holidays ".

Hate to see after 10 years let alone 25. ( Get into the job, will ya ) .

They should just legalize fireworks. Dont know the reason behind banning them to consumers. PA/NH i know its legal and they probably have incidents as well but dont ban anything when something happens. Maybe another reason behind it being illegal in NY? Besides us being a liberal state and not a free state

Let`s hope that`s the worst the next 24 years has to offer you .  I have to tell you as a rookie this is the time to be gung ho .

You`re a year in and you`re always crying . " Its too hot " , "I hate the rain" , " Bitter cold sucks " ," I have to work holidays ".

Hate to see after 10 years let alone 25. ( Get into the job, will ya ) .

I'd have to agree. I recently got hired by the city and ant, you don't know how lucky you are. Some people can't even find jobs let alone with the city. The benefits are great, the pay is great, it's pretty awesome. We all have bad days but overall you have it really well

I'd have to agree. I recently got hired by the city and ant, you don't know how lucky you are. Some people can't even find jobs let alone with the city. The benefits are great, the pay is great, it's pretty awesome. We all have bad days but overall you have it really well

And i dont even think anthony has really started the donut curl exercises yet either :lol: anthony keep your head up, you have a good paying job with great benefits and TONS of overtime. You have to go to work everyday like i do and be as happy and humurous as possible and make it enjoyable as you can or its just going to be a prison like experience for you

They should just legalize fireworks. Dont know the reason behind banning them to consumers. PA/NH i know its legal and they probably have incidents as well but dont ban anything when something happens. Maybe another reason behind it being illegal in NY? Besides us being a liberal state and not a free state

Well most states have some restrictions... PA residents without a permit can't use any consumer pyro besides those which fall under the "safe and sane" bill (sparklers, fountains, other novelty non-breaking items). Only NY, MA, DE, and NJ still outlaw all consumer fireworks, though. Legislature has twice passed a modified safe and sane bill to allow sparklers and such, and twice they were shot down by Cuomo. A third bill was passed this year and awaits Cuomo's inevitable veto, but it's so restrictive as to be ridiculous; as I understand, you would only be able to use the smallest consumer fireworks (nothing aerial) outside of NYC for a few weeks surrounding Independence Day and a few days around NYE. 

Well most states have some restrictions... PA residents without a permit can't use any consumer pyro besides those which fall under the "safe and sane" bill (sparklers, fountains, other novelty non-breaking items). Only NY, MA, DE, and NJ still outlaw all consumer fireworks, though. Legislature has twice passed a modified safe and sane bill to allow sparklers and such, and twice they were shot down by Cuomo. A third bill was passed this year and awaits Cuomo's inevitable veto, but it's so restrictive as to be ridiculous; as I understand, you would only be able to use the smallest consumer fireworks (nothing aerial) outside of NYC for a few weeks surrounding Independence Day and a few days around NYE.

It's been illegal to use fireworks for personal use in NY state since 1940. I can't believe it's been in place for so long.

Nope, def less enforcement this year than past.

Sheepshead Bay was dead last night. My family use to have big 4th of July parties in the past. Not anymore. My family and the next door neighbors always had an annual wiffleball game. Here is a picture of my dad and I playing in the wiffleball a few years ago.15nr2o0.jpg

It's been illegal to use fireworks for personal use in NY state since 1940. I can't believe it's been in place for so long.

Illegal (for the most part) in FL too to blow off anything that flys through the air but legal to buy. How dumb is that. Sky King fireworks and other establishments were PACKED all week. Each staffed with a couple cops. You have to present your DL and sign a waiver. The cops walk out with a ton as well. 

Then, on the 4th, every other house is lighting up the sky. All over the place. It's amazing to see. But it's illegal hahaha

nutragious. 

Guest Pamela

If this board only had some subsection to discuss... politics...

I think there was one on the 4th planet...

There is no 4th planet Matt....

Don't you think I know that?  There was one...but not anymore...

Guest Pamela

I hope you didnt realize you posted this while a fireman was in the process of dying.

You know more about it than me....but aren't The Finest & The Bravest sort of independent of one another...save for when there is very major problem?

You know more about it than me....but aren't The Finest & The Bravest sort of independent of one another...save for when there is very major problem?

Yes, but contrary to popular belief and terrible tv shows, the men and women on the streets working both jobs get along very well, respect each other, and watch each others backs. A cop or ff line of duty death is a blow to either side. I know anthony didnt mean any harm...it was just really awful timing.

Yes, but contrary to popular belief and terrible tv shows, the men and women on the streets working both jobs get along very well, respect each other, and watch each others backs. A cop or ff line of duty death is a blow to either side. I know anthony didnt mean any harm...it was just really awful timing.

A Brother is a Brother, enough said. It's sad in 2014 we're still dealing with line of duty deaths.

Archived