• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NNE Summer Thread

mreaves

We have been shorted on thunderstorm opportunities this summer but I caught this scene earlier in the month overlooking the CPV. It is enhanced (but not to the extreme). The sunset cast some great light as over the lake there were few clouds due to more stable air over the cooler waters.

gallery_139_3_216986.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dews are on the increase...actually feeling slightly humid with a lot of low 60s dews out there.

The Adirondacks seem to be lucky enough to miss out on the humidity.  SLK has just dropped to a dew of 51F and continues to fall.  For some reason the VT airmass is getting more humid, while the Adks are getting drier.

Has your back allowed you to play golf yet?  I just picked up a new Ping G25 driver and have started to hit it pretty well.  Shot a 79 and 84 that last two full rounds that I've played.

Wow, Nice, Congrats, I have played twice in the last 2 weeks, After the 1st round was hurting pretty good, Was not bad after the second round but it was a week later, Going back to back or multiple days probably won't work at this time, Probably will try to play more regularly again next year, Shot 91 and an 87 which is not great but for not playing, I will take it, Good holes and bad holes, You know the drill when you are not playing much

Looks like today will verify 1F cooler than yesterday. It's warm, but only feels brutal because of the pattern we had been in. The dews aren't bad either...run of the mill for these temps.

Same temp for a high here as yesterday...84F.

Much drier airmass today with dews dropping to 51-54F during the afternoon. Yesterday afternoon dews were a more muggy 58-62F.

I'll take MVL's 83/51 at 2pm all summer long haha.

It's just a different vibe in the north country.

It is. I mean I love the ocean and all the amenities I have at my finger tips here living in the burbs of a world class city, but I love NNE.

Yesterday I was at Castle Island in Boston eating fried clams and watching planes fly overhead with my son in glee, but now I'm at the lake surrounded by mtns and it's where I truly find piece. Of course being here by yourself with no kids helps lol.

VT (Okemo/Stowe) is on my list. I've seen too many episodes of Chronicle here on WCVB not to want and go visit. Would love to meet up PF and get a tour lol.

This is an Eek type of night... He's gotta be enjoying this weather. It isn't the hottest weather but certainly quite warm. Just after midnight and there are still some warm readings out there in the 60s and low 70s.

I've got 63F but it's a thick 63F, while BTV is still 73F with a south breeze. This is one of those tropical BTV nights where the breeze funneling up the valley keeps the temps high, feels like the Caribbean with the warm wind late at night.

I see Welch Island Cove at Lake Winni is a moist 73/72, and Rum Point is 74F, so similar warm wind effect likely happening near the larger open areas. Eeks tropical garden must be enjoying this, even if temps just inland from the lake are cooler mid/upper 60s.

This is an Eek type of night... He's gotta be enjoying this weather. It isn't the hottest weather but certainly quite warm. Just after midnight and there are still some warm readings out there in the 60s and low 70s.

I've got 63F but it's a thick 63F, while BTV is still 73F with a south breeze. This is one of those tropical BTV nights where the breeze funneling up the valley keeps the temps high, feels like the Caribbean with the warm wind late at night.

I see Welch Island Cove at Lake Winni is a moist 73/72, and Rum Point is 74F, so similar warm wind effect likely happening near the larger open areas. Eeks tropical garden must be enjoying this, even if temps just inland from the lake are cooler mid/upper 60s.

It was a glorious night.  The wind went calm around 7pm but there was a random little surge later at night that gave a temp boost.

post-18-0-52496300-1409138134_thumb.gif

No power since 9pm and I dont have the generator here...ugh. The whole town is out. Glad I went shopping tonight and stocked up on chicken! :axe:

Weird, my dad went up north a few days ago.  Ended up in Bethlehem, got checked in, then the power went out.  Lots of invisible damage going on lately.

Archived