amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NNE Summer Thread

mreaves

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our severe weather revolves around Ossipee in NH and Rumford in ME. They always get hammered.

That's funny you said that...I was just commenting to a buddy of mine how that area in between Conway and Center Harbor really get nailed often.  I know people can think it's anecdotal...but I'd like to think there is some sort of general convergence and funneling that occurs with higher terrain to the north and west. Probably fueled from heating of the mtns to the north and west as well. I don't mean to say this is always the case, but I'm sure there are some meso scale things going on.

That's funny you said that...I was just commenting to a buddy of mine how that area in between Conway and Center Harbor really get nailed often.  I know people can think it's anecdotal...but I'd like to think there is some sort of general convergence and funneling that occurs with higher terrain to the north and west. Probably fueled from heating of the mtns to the north and west as well. I don't mean to say this is always the case, but I'm sure there are some meso scale things going on.

I think terrain is huge there. Plus you have the lake, frictional effects alone could really help.

Weirs Beach could use a nice EF3 to clean house. 

How often doest NNE get EF3s?  Ever?

AUG had 0.72" from 8A-2P, some heavy showers but nary a rumble audible thru the double-pane windows, and not much since.  Looks like my area got about the same, which if true puts my July total around 6.5".

How often doest NNE get EF3s?  Ever?

AUG had 0.72" from 8A-2P, some heavy showers but nary a rumble audible thru the double-pane windows, and not much since.  Looks like my area got about the same, which if true puts my July total around 6.5".

That was more tongue and cheek then anything

That was more tongue and cheek then anything

Yeah if you've ever been to Weirs Beach...you'll know what I mean. Except for Eeks place of course.

The 2008 tornado was EF2. The July 1st 2011 tornado in Bethel was EF1.

Per tornadohistoryproject, an EF3 occurred on June 9, 1953 in srn NH. EF3 August 20, 1968 in srn VT.

Yeah if you've ever been to Weirs Beach...you'll know what I mean. Except for Eeks place of course.

The 2008 tornado was EF2. The July 1st 2011 tornado in Bethel was EF1.

Per tornadohistoryproject, an EF3 occurred on June 9, 1953 in srn NH. EF3 August 20, 1968 in srn VT.

Know exactly what you mean, Been thru there many times, Boated Winni,  Need to go thru the weirs from Paugus Bay to get to the main lake, Stayed at the Naswa on Paugus Bay a few times over the years

Archived