amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Heavy Rain/Flooding 4/30-5/1

bluewave

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With everything that has come out of this storm system the most impressive is what's going on on the gulf coast. 2 feet of rain in 24 hours is just mind boggling

Yeah, that was more than twice  twice what I experienced in Long Beach on 8-14-11. That was the heaviest 

12 hr rainfall total that I ever saw in Long Beach. 10.87 was my 12 hr and daily record. My two

hour record is still 5.15 on 6-22-95.

.NASSAU COUNTY...

LIDO BEACH 10.87 625 PM 8/14 SKYWARN SPOTTER

WANTAGH 10.54 725 PM 8/15 SKYWARN SPOTTER

With everything that has come out of this storm system the most impressive is what's going on on the gulf coast. 2 feet of rain in 24 hours is just mind boggling

Yeah that was pretty crazy but would be kind of cool to experience once.

YanksFan- from the sound of this you are one of the @$$#*!*$ that drives around sightseeing while my neighbors and I deal with the destruction that flood waters cause.  The idea of 20"of rain in 24 hours chills me to the bone.  How you could wish that on anyone, however "cool" you think it would be is insulting.  There are homes on my street that are still standing vacant, since IRENE.  The general tone of your posts always trend toward excitement at the prospect of flooding. Please keep in mind that people will face many hardships every time you get one of your wished-for floods.

YanksFan- from the sound of this you are one of the @$$#*!*$ that drives around sightseeing while my neighbors and I deal with the destruction that flood waters cause.  The idea of 20"of rain in 24 hours chills me to the bone.  How you could wish that on anyone, however "cool" you think it would be is insulting.  There are homes on my street that are still standing vacant, since IRENE.  The general tone of your posts always trend toward excitement at the prospect of flooding. Please keep in mind that people will face many hardships every time you get one of your wished-for floods.

Take a breather. We're all weather enthusiasts here. Didn't wish it on anyone, just said that it would be cool to experience.

FYI, I'm a firefighter and I'm probably going to be spending my evening performing water rescues and possible evacuations of low lying areas.

YanksFan controls the weather, as we all know. We are at his mercy. Please for the love of all that is holy stop typing about rain; I want to go sunbathing. :(

Starting to see shades of April 2007

Radar looks very healthy too. I'll hold my tongue because I'm tempted to say something weenieish but I think the storm totals will be pretty incredible. Would it be outlandish to say some places are going to see top 10 rainfall for a single event with this system?

Archived