joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Warm season 2014 thunderstorm thread

famartin

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably got gusts up to 55 or so at the beginning, and the gusts have gradually getting to 30-40 mph. A few branches and leaves on the ground. Some flashes every once in a while. And the always included heavy rain. Probably 20 minutes of gusts between 55-30. 

55 mph would have knocked down trees in your area.

I was driving from Wyomissing (Penn State Berks) towards Boyertown and kind of traveled with the gusts as they came, I suspect the winds west of the Reading divide by the coal power plant on the Schuylkill seen from 422 was the cut off line for strong winds in Berks County. It seemed like central-east Berks had the lowest winds (in fact I shall nothing over 45 mph near Boyertown), Most of the stronger stuff passed north and south. Down near Pottstown, I saw little evidence of strong winds, the strong southern Chester cell missed that area it seems. 

Wound up with about 0.50" of rain from yesterday's storm. There's potential to pick up more this morning, although the radar is thinning out a bit as it comes southeast.

i was about 3 miles south of you near brandywine town center last night when the storm rolled through...i've never seen darker clouds...it was actually pretty intense...no hail, but lots of lightning...

i was about 3 miles south of you near brandywine town center last night when the storm rolled through...i've never seen darker clouds...it was actually pretty intense...no hail, but lots of lightning...

Yeah, it seemed to be more intense to the south. Sounded like some large diameter lightning bolts also :o .

Archived