Central PA & Fringes - Autumn dawns

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"CONVECTION RE-FIRING LIKE A RASH OVER EASTERN OHIO AND WESTERN

PA..."

Great opening line in CTP discussion this morning

from discussion today...

"UNLESS YOUR BAILING HAY THIS WEEK...WE NEED RAIN WITH THIS SYSTEM AS THE GROWING RIDGE LATER THIS WEEK AND NEXT COULD PUT US INTO A MORE AIR MASS FORCED CONVECTIVE REGIME."

Your doing it wrong...

even managed to misspell baling lol

not sure if anyone has seen this site before but here is a link for real time lightning detection

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

it seems pretty good at killing your browser though... but found it from a more browser friendly but less real time link here

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=30

I will add these to the links thread if I ever find time to finish what I started

not sure if anyone has seen this site before but here is a link for real time lightning detection

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

it seems pretty good at killing your browser though... but found it from a more browser friendly but less real time link here

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=30

I will add these to the links thread if I ever find time to finish what I started

Sweet find, thanks for sharing!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1243.html

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1243   NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK   0222 PM CDT TUE JUL 01 2014   AREAS AFFECTED...NY...PA...AND ERN OH   CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE    VALID 011922Z - 012015Z   PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...40 PERCENT   SUMMARY...SCATTERED STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS   AFTERNOON FROM PARTS OF NY AND PA INTO ERN OH.  SEVERE TSTM WATCH   ISSUANCE REMAINS POSSIBLE...BUT OVERALL COVERAGE OF SEVERE WEATHER   IS UNCERTAIN RESULTING IN THE PROBABILITY FOR WATCH ISSUANCE BEING   40 PERCENT.   DISCUSSION...THE LIKELIHOOD FOR WATCH ISSUANCE IS GREATER WITH NWD   EXTENT INTO UPSTATE NY...GIVEN CLOSER PROXIMITY TO GREATER DEEP   LAYER SHEAR AND FORCING FOR ASCENT ATTENDANT TO THE SRN   EXTENT/GLANCING EFFECTS OF A TROUGH MOVING THROUGH SRN QUEBEC.   LIGHTNING DATA AND MOSAIC RADAR IMAGERY SHOWED TSTMS HAVE CONTINUED   TO DEVELOP ALONG A BOUNDARY MOVING EWD ACROSS NY...WITH MOST RECENT   ACTIVITY EXTENDING FROM THE ERN SHORE OF LAKE ONTARIO THROUGH   CENTRAL NY...NWRN PA...AND EAST CENTRAL OH.  ADDITIONAL STORMS HAVE   DEVELOPED ALONG THE HIGHER TERRAIN IN CENTRAL PA.  WATER VAPOR   IMAGERY SHOWED A SHORTWAVE TROUGH MOVING THROUGH SRN QUEBEC WITH THE   SRN EXTENT OF THIS MIDLEVEL FEATURE MOVING THROUGH NRN NY RESULTING   IN WEAK HEIGHT FALLS IN THE NRN EXTENT OF THE DISCUSSION AREA.    MOISTURE RETURN COMBINED WITH DIABATIC HEATING HAS RESULTED IN A   MODERATELY UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT FROM THE OH VALLEY TO UPSTATE NY.    WHILE ADDITIONAL STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT THE DISCUSSION   AREA...THE NRN PORTION ACROSS UPSTATE NY MAY HAVE THE GREATEST   POTENTIAL FOR WATCH ISSUANCE /HIGHER SEVERE WEATHER THREAT/...GIVEN   THE PROXIMITY TO STRONGER SWLY MIDLEVEL FLOW /30-40 KT/ ENHANCING   DEEP LAYER SHEAR FOR STORM ORGANIZATION.

Hoping so Mr. Saussaman, but it seems that we struggle to keep stuff together...we'll see though. Hoping a met can drop by to either give us the good or bad news lol.

Mr. Saussaman was  my father :whistle:

I think today we stand a better chance holding things together

I think it might be running a bit high, but Ft. Indiantown Gap (KMUI) in Lebanon County is reporting a dewpoint of 78°.  Yikes.

its thick for sure

Watch box...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 384NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK1115 AM EDT WED JUL 2 2014SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 384 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EDTFOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONSPAC001-009-011-013-015-021-025-027-033-035-037-041-043-055-057-061-067-069-071-075-077-079-081-087-089-093-095-097-099-103-107-109-111-113-115-117-119-127-131-133-022300-/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0384.140702T1515Z-140702T2300Z/PA.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED AREADAMS                BEDFORD             BERKSBLAIR                BRADFORD            CAMBRIACARBON               CENTRE              CLEARFIELDCLINTON              COLUMBIA            CUMBERLANDDAUPHIN              FRANKLIN            FULTONHUNTINGDON           JUNIATA             LACKAWANNALANCASTER            LEBANON             LEHIGHLUZERNE              LYCOMING            MIFFLINMONROE               MONTOUR             NORTHAMPTONNORTHUMBERLAND       PERRY               PIKESCHUYLKILL           SNYDER              SOMERSETSULLIVAN             SUSQUEHANNA         TIOGAUNION                WAYNE               WYOMINGYORK$$

ww0384_radar.gif

Archived