• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part III

earthlight

Gotta admire the tenacity... you're still giving lessons on the deck of the sinking Titanic.

Last time I checked we're here to discuss the weather and discuss the weather I shall.

I plan on drinking excessively tonight so that I can hallucinate that the CCB is actually over my house rather than the Ocean.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because this isn't a direct hit, this is still a very interesting storm to many that will be near...if not historic...in eventual deepness of the low for a non-tropical western Atlantic system. Sure, we will look back at the number of pages for what is in essence a "non-event" for the NYC metro area, but this is still an awesome display from Mother Nature and is worthy of all the discussion in the world sans bickering banter. JMO.

You live in Atlantic City, this is an event for you I believe. I'm going with 4-6" from Millville on east to the Steel Pier.

BTW I have a house in Pomona, not far from you.

It's not going to die off from dry air. The 500mb and 700mb lows close off to far east and the moisture filed is going to collapse back towards the center as it wraps up and heads ENE.

Dry air will help too, but what will finally put it out of its misery (as far as we're concerned) is the air which will sink where we are as tremendous lift starts up around the CCB band well out over the ocean.

trolls troll

but yea the writings been on the wall with this disaster for a while now

i did purchase the snow nozzle tips for my air compressor/power washer snow maker so i might have to break him out tonight.

I knew I should have gotten my car washed last weekend, that reverse psychology always works :lol:

Nah I got my car washed, put the shovels and scrapers away. Packed away the snow boots weeks ago. Did nothing

I bet you're going to get an inch or two down in Monmouth County tonight. I'm considering riding this one out down at either my place west of AC or in Somers Point. The only problem is that if coastal flooding becomes an issue, I won't be able to get out tomorrow morning in time to make it back up here for work. That stretch of the parkway is literally right on the ocean.

At least expectations  were never raised for this event since the models consistently showed an

offshore bombing low well to our east. The pattern since mid-February has been suppressed

snow and well below normal temps with brief warm ups and some rain. You can set your watch

by how reliable this pattern has been.

if you understood probability you wouldn't be disappointed. this wasn't a hard forecast

Nobody from NYC south was really forecasted to get much of anything till yesterday so the fact that DC-Balt is now sort of in the game is a bit frustrating for some.  Snow to our south (again) and then later to our east-nothing breaking thru our shell this month! 

Nobody from NYC south was really forecasted to get much of anything till yesterday so the fact that DC-Balt is now sort of in the game is a bit frustrating for some.  Snow to our south (again) and then later to our east-nothing breaking thru our shell this month! 

To be fair a good chunk of SNE has gotten screwed over this month too when they should have been raking it in. The place that usually gets screwed over has some good luck for once so I'm not mad about that. 

I bet you're going to get an inch or two down in Monmouth County tonight. I'm considering riding this one out down at either my place west of AC or in Somers Point. The only problem is that if coastal flooding becomes an issue, I won't be able to get out tomorrow morning in time to make it back up here for work. That stretch of the parkway is literally right on the ocean.

Thats nice but I dont live in Monmouth county ^_^

To be fair a good chunk of SNE has gotten screwed over this month too when they should have been raking it in. The place that usually gets screwed over has some good luck for once so I'm not mad about that. 

Of course not, I dont really mind the MA getting snow, just wish that the turn of events that they had with the models yesterday could have extended to us as well. 

Archived