joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zip 10952 (Rockland county), elevation 550ft, what do your think totals looking at?

Hi neighbor. I live in Nanuet. If the EURO, NAM and SREFs are correct, I think 18 inches or so is a distinct possibility. It's close, because the cutoff on precip will be sharp, but we are not very far north and west of the city

That is my final call. Tossing the extreme euro solutions.

the gfs is garbagio in general but especially within 36 hours, the two most reliable within 24 hours are euro and nam, and coincidently they offer the best solutions for most...also the trough is already tilting negative which the gfs modeling was a good 2 hours behind in its latest run

It is closing off a bit sooner. That might pull it in a bit tighter . We'll see. Looks like they are leaning towards a NAM/euro solution.

Yeah I noticed that as well.. We need this b**ch to get captured directly underneath LI.. Anything E of MTP will result in huge totals for CT & LI and alot of disappointment for those W of the Hudson

Consensus pretty much developing that the good dynamics make it as far as NYC and possibly the eastern side of the Hudson Valley, though this is debatable looking at the guidance as a whole. Also, every model shows a deformation band in either western (or some cases central) CT. Given the fickle nature of banding, I would say that we are all still in the game for decent totals out of this. Thankfully, I don't think any of us expected 2-3 feet to begin with, so that should help ease the sting of 10"+ of snow.

Consensus pretty much developing that the good dynamics make it as far as NYC and possibly the eastern side of the Hudson Valley, though this is debatable looking at the guidance as a whole. Also, every model shows a deformation band in either western (or some cases central) CT. Given the fickle nature of banding, I would say that we are all still in the game for decent totals out of this. Thankfully, I don't think any of us expected 2-3 feet to begin with, so that should help ease the sting of 10"+ of snow.

The euro has cut my Qpf total is half in 24 hours. Amazing.(king euro)

Hopefully I clean up with snow ratios.

Best guess now if 5-8 inches of snow in my area.

Anyone who was expecting 2-3 feet really needs to take a step back and work on their expectations IMO but I know its easy to get carried away in these 'virtual snowstorms'.  I'm just looking for a double digit snowfall, of course the higher the better though ;-)

Archived