joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are the actual NWS forecast totals, which is why NYC's WFA is so ridiculous looking compared to bordering areas. :)

Gotcha. Thanks! Makes sense.

Here's a link to the high res UKMET posted by Ryan Maue on twitter, if this were to verify, I think our subforum would implode.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/559598085156794368/photo/1

You buying it? I don't know what to think...

Not anymore.. I was until I saw all 0z guidance ( including the Euro) shift its precip axis eastward. Like you said earlier I'm starting to think this is the beginning of the Euro slowly starting to move east. But I will tell you one thing.... whoever is caught under that band is gonna cash in like no other. 

Not anymore.. I was until I saw all 0z guidance ( including the Euro) shift its precip axis eastward. Like you said earlier I'm starting to think this is the beginning of the Euro slowly starting to move east. But I will tell you one thing.... whoever is caught under that band is gonna cash in like no other.

All of Orange County is still over 20"

Gives me 1" lol.. 

It's consistently been east. Not to worry.

Orange County is 1" to 2" from West to East. That's probably 15" minimum if you get the ratios that NWS is predicting.

With that, I'm headed to bed. I was going to skip the Euro, but I couldn't do it. Glad I waited for it. I agree we may see one more slight shift east tomorrow, but I feel much better now than 2 hours ago. And besides, we are going to have almost 48 straight hours of snow. Doesn't happen very often around here.

I heard DT and JC both say that 20:1 ratios would hold up here, that's what I was basin off sorry..

Snow ratios are just about the only thing we potentially have going for us especially for those like myself on the western side of things. Relying on good snow ratios has burned us all in the past so who the hell knows now lol..

Snow ratios are just about the only thing we potentially have going for us especially for those like myself on the western side of things. Relying on good snow ratios has burned us all in the past so who the hell knows now lol..

Couldn't agree more.. I would have like the 12z euro to show again but who knows, once this thing gets rippin tomorrows 12z could put that CCB right over us again... I really expect the 06z mods to come in once the trough goes neg

keep fingers crossed we get better ratios.

I will not complain too much

I think you and I sharing the same longitude will be place us just far enough east to do well but it appears likely the most significant band will be a east of us. I think 12-18" covers you and I with those 18-24" or more in the NE NJ area and points NE of there. Ratios may be a touch better here but I doubt drastically better. Best growth area will probably be associated the intense banding but those areas may have more wind which would possibly counter the ratio increase some. Out here less wind but probably less optimum growth  do to being on the western edge of best banding. Once west of us things could very well drop off quickly. Obviously a fluid situation thus minor wobbles in final track of system and placement of banding could up or down totals quite a bit in some areas including ours.

I think you and I sharing the same longitude will be place us just far enough east to do well but it appears likely the most significant band will be east of us.

And i sit about 9 miles east of you which normally wouldnt mean anything, but this time who knows. I remember vividly for the boxing day blizzard, we had about 15 inches or so with 4 foot drifts in my driveway. I drove to andover the next day & they had maybe 6 or so inches. Thr difference was noticeable going through sparta and was massive just west of the town line into andover.

Although I think were sitting ok.. I'm worried this thing has major bust potential for some of us up here...that cut off is so sharp

Forecasters have been mentioning that models often under do the NW deformation band, or don't push it far enough NW. I also don't think the cutoff will be as drastic as some of the models are showing. Looks like this storm will be a beast. I think we're all good for at least a foot.

Forecasters have been mentioning that models often under do the NW deformation band, or don't push it far enough NW. I also don't think the cutoff will be as drastic as some of the models are showing. Looks like this storm will be a beast. I think we're all good for at least a foot.

Yeah, lots of talk of how on a strong storm the models don't push the band far enough NW. It's going to be a wild 48 hours regardless and this pattern doesn't look like a one and done. HM was mentioning on Twitter a possible Miller A next week.

Archived