joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14-18 is still too high. Too much dry air here.

Albany trimmed back, not surprisingly

StormTotalSnowWebFcst.png

TRENDS SHOWING THE STORM TRACK A LITTLE BIT MORE EAST...BASED ON

ALL THE NEW GUIDANCE AND SATELLITE AND RADAR TRENDS. LOWERING

SNOWFALL AMOUNTS THROUGH TONIGHT IN EASTERN NY AND SOUTHERN VT...

BUT WAITING FOR ALL 00Z GUIDANCE BEFORE DECISION ON WHETHER

ADJUSTMENTS NEEDED BEYOND TONIGHT...AS STORM STALLING OFF CAPE COD

TOMORROW COULD STILL THROW SOME MOISTURE AND DYNAMICS WESTWARD FOR

SOME VERY DRY SNOW...EVEN IF LIQUID EQUIVALENT COULD BE A BIT

LESS. SURFACE ANALYSES SHOW THE UPPER ENERGY STILL TRACKING EAST

AND THE SURFACE LOW WELL EAST OF THE DELMARVA...WITH PRESSURE

FALLS EAST...RATHER THAN NORTH OF THE SYSTEM...SUGGESTING A DELAY

IN THE NORTHWARD SHIFT OF THE STORM TRACK...PERHAPS PARTIALLY IN

RESPONSE TO THE CONTINUED FEED OF DRY AIR FROM THE STRONG UPPERCONFLUENCE AND LOW LEVEL RIDGING IN SOUTHEASTERN CANADA.

SO...HEADLINES WILL REMAIN AS IS...BUT AGAIN AMOUNTS REDUCED

A LITTLE BECAUSE OF LESS SNOW EXPECTED OVERNIGHT. THE BAND HEADING

WESTWARD NOW THROUGH CT AND CENTRAL MA SHOULD AFFECT NW CT AND THE

BERKSHIRES LATER TONIGHT...SO LITTLE TO NO REDUCTION IN SNOWFALL

THERE. STILL...ALL THE 00Z GUIDANCE WILL BE INTERESTING AND

FORECAST WILL CONTINUE TO BE REFINED THROUGH THE NIGHT AS THE

STORM EVOLUTION CONTINUES TO BE REVEALED.

Wow i'm surprised they didn't cut back further, no way ALB gets anywhere near 10".. at this point 3" looks tough to do.

Yeah, I think they mentioned in their discussion that they might trim back further. 

I'll LMAO if this is the storm that the GFS schools the Euro.

Should make model analysis very straightforward for the rest of the winter  :bag:

14-18 is still too high. Too much dry air here.

I agree. If and when those brighter echoes make it here, I suspect they will just weaken and build back up over CT. What's your thought? I have barely an inch so far, maybe 6" total?

Yeah, I think they mentioned in their discussion that they might trim back further. 

Should make model analysis very straightforward for the rest of the winter  :bag:

I agree. If and when those brighter echoes make it here, I suspect they will just weaken and build back up over CT. What's your thought? I have barely an inch so far, maybe 6" total?

Depends the duration of the snow now more than intensity. We know intensity will be light. Hopefully the snow can last most of tomorrow to give us a chance to reach 6 inches with help of ratios. Wow.....from dreaming 2 feet yesterday to praying for 6 inches now, this is painful.......very painful.

I am going to wait and see if we can get that band in coming west from CT through the Hudson Valley.. Hopefully that will crack the seal and get us out of this horrible dry air/subsidence, although what I am seeing happening in Litchfield county is rather concerning.  If it doesn't improve in the next hour or two, I think it could be game over for me in southern Dutchess County.  Will be lucky to get 4 inches at this rate.

It's actually just crossed into NY. Its pretty much aligned with 684 now in Putnam down to just east of White Plains

Its about 25 miles east of me... I am hopeful it can  make it here in the next 30 minutes or so. If it can get across the Hudson River, then I think we may start to see some better rates on this side of the river... Fingers crossed.

Its about 25 miles east of me... I am hopeful it can  make it here in the next 30 minutes or so. If it can get across the Hudson River, then I think we may start to see some better rates on this side of the river... Fingers crossed.

It appears to be moving a bit more north of west now as opposed to the due west. I think there's a chance for us. A very heavy band formed behind it over central CT. Hopefully that doesn't cause the leading band to weaken much.

It appears to be moving a bit more north of west now as opposed to the due west. I think there's a chance for us. A very heavy band formed behind it over central CT. Hopefully that doesn't cause the leading band to weaken much.

You are right... Seems to be moving NW... I think we will be seeing some better stuff within 30 minutes.

Archived