joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interior bros got to stick together, even though we're a distance away from you guys. Sorry to hear about the bust up there...if you want, we got a banter/complaint thread for you to rant in in the Upstate NY/PA forum.

If it's any consolation, we were in the screw between the clipper and coastal with just a couple inches.

Literally went from a flake or 2 to light/moderate wind drivin snow here in new Windsor... If we get those bands on us in the next hour or 2 and this thing closes like it said it would... Euro could come damn close to having a low end verification

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Euro is not going to verify for any of us. It gave me 1.6" of QPF. I don't even have that much snow yet today!  :axe:

In any event, hopefully one of these bands stalls over one of your houses. The SPC meso forecast shows very little movement of the low pressure center for the next 6 hours. I still don't think the double digit totals would verify, but at least it'd be something.

I've been lurking here for the last few winters. I love reading the conversations, especially in this thread. I am also in New Windsor, I can see the Hudson from my house. Intensity has picked up a bit the last few minutes. I'm hoping we can get into the heavy bands soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Euro is not going to verify for any of us. It gave me 1.6" of QPF. I don't even have that much snow yet today!  :axe:

In any event, hopefully one of these bands stalls over one of your houses. The SPC meso forecast shows very little movement of the low pressure center for the next 6 hours. I still don't think the double digit totals would verify, but at least it'd be something.

lol.. For the Euro to verify I'm gonna need another foot of snow at the very least! 

00z euro is like 75-100 miles ENE with POU getting around .4" and ALB around .25". That has to be the biggest shift ever for a 24 h forecast.

Yeah, I think POU was close to 2" last night. I'm sure there will be a lot of debate about this storm and what sparked such a major failure by our most trusted model.

From Suffern to Harriman I may have encountered 5 cars lol..  From Harriman to Middletown another 5. 

Holy cow!       Pretty impressive.     Folks actually listened.      Were there roadblocks?      or just clear sailing?

Archived