Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.2" in Mahopac...pure fluff, did my driveway with a broom

Yup except I used the leaf blower.  I reasoned that with all of the grit on the cars from the last few days I didn't want to scratch them all up so I blew the snow off.  Then I figured I should drain the tank for the winter so I detailed out the driveway and blew it clean.  Looks great  :lmao:

:whistle:  :whistle:

I work 48 hour shifts at West Point so I often use West Point, should I only be reporting what I see when I'm home?

No way, if anything you help us cover another part of the region. It would just be helpful, if you don't mind, letting us know which location you're reporting from. As I'm sure you already know, there could be some big difference between Wallkill and West Point.

For those that are deeply concerned as to where my 1.8" came from I've updated my "home location" and will be much more specific as to my exact whereabouts while at work when posting OBS lol

I think what he was trying to say is when you post obs try to specify where the obs are coming from. Thats all. You tend to give obs from different locations and "here" isnt specific. Remember Upton does come in these threads for storm obs and measurements so a location should be provided. 

I think what he was trying to say is when you post obs try to specify where the obs are coming from. Thats all. You tend to give obs from different locations and "here" isnt specific. Remember Upton does come in these threads for storm obs and measurements so a location should be provided.

I know I was joking, I was poking fun at the previous 7 posts before me that all said "here" with no location givin that's all, just a joke

lol.. Im jealous! 

Whats your seasonal total so far up there?

20.7". Puts me ahead of last year by a few tenths.

Jealous here too...lol.

I was looking into getting one, but the wife would kill me since she wants the kitchen redone.

It's a lot of fun. Sometimes it makes life easier, especially for big landscaping projects, but most of the time it's just an excuse to play in the snow/dirt. ;)

One thing's for sure though... given a foot of snow and a tank of diesel, you can build some righteous snowpiles.

If she kills you then you won't have to redo the kitchen...just saying

Orrr.....I could convince her I need it to demo the kitchen.

Looks like another possible snow day for the kids on Monday? I laughed when they called school today for a measly 2". What's this society coming to?

Orrr.....I could convince her I need it to demo the kitchen.

Looks like another possible snow day for the kids on Monday? I laughed when they called school today for a measly 2". What's this society coming to?

Yeah the same thing happened here for Minisink Valley. Initially they had a 2 hr delay but cancelled school soon after. Having 2 boys 8 & 3 in the house at the same time is rough man lol. I almost went to work begging for OT

Yeah the same thing happened here for Minisink Valley. Initially they had a 2 hr delay but cancelled school soon after. Having 2 boys 8 & 3 in the house at the same time is rough man lol. I almost went to work begging for OT

Don't make the "mistake" of going to three sons because then all bets are off, LOL, I can't imagine how folks with four or more kids do it. I only have one son still in grade school, he's a senior, and not only did he have school but it started on time yesterday so props to Middletown for that. I told him yesterday though that I'd be surprised if Monday wasn't a snow day for him.

Don't make the "mistake" of going to three sons because then all bets are off, LOL, I can't imagine how folks with four or more kids do it. I only have one son still in grade school, he's a senior, and not only did he have school but it started on time yesterday so props to Middletown for that. I told him yesterday though that I'd be surprised if Monday wasn't a snow day for him.

Couple friends of mine kept trying for a son. 5 daughters later....

Good day weather fans,

Low this morning was 4F.

High was 18F

Current temp 14F

Mt Holly NWS mentions 1-2 inches of snow is possible very early Monday morning through the day with a change over to sleet or freezing rain possible.  AFD discusses of  more the same old pattern with no real mositure kick and warm air in the upper levels with this event. Basically a frontal passge.

I am still focused on the final week of the month moving into February. Crummy pattern should break at some point. :snowing:

Complained today to the wife that I have only used my new snow blower once this year. Guy down the street jinxed me.

Yellow Draggon is ready. Had to start the beast up earlier today and promised the dragon we will use again in the next 60 days.

Forecasted low is 4-6F tonight again. 

Best.

post-326-0-36852700-1420926048_thumb.jpg

Only once is surprising....I've already used my blower 3x here in the NW philly burbs.....no fear I think you may see some snow blower action after the brief warm up.....enjoy!
Paul

Good day weather fans,

Low this morning was 4F.

High was 18F

Current temp 14F

Mt Holly NWS mentions 1-2 inches of snow is possible very early Monday morning through the day with a change over to sleet or freezing rain possible.  AFD discusses of  more the same old pattern with no real mositure kick and warm air in the upper levels with this event. Basically a frontal passge.

I am still focused on the final week of the month moving into February. Crummy pattern should break at some point. :snowing:

Complained today to the wife that I have only used my new snow blower once this year. Guy down the street jinxed me.

Yellow Draggon is ready. Had to start the beast up earlier today and promised the dragon we will use again in the next 60 days.

Forecasted low is 4-6F tonight again. 

Best.

Archived