joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 3

Sickman

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good seeing you in here.  it's just like the old days when everyone was one big happy family.  lol

Yes seeing the big guy in here brings bk memories of Eastern  Boards...ahhhh. should stop by in here more often weather fella- Learned the term Jebwalk because of you ( appreciation of finer details & pleasant memoment in life important. Cheers to Bos from he Big Apple)

Sorry but less than .50 is not exciting when Things were Trending bad for us last nigh and this morning we were seeing between 50-60 on a lot of Models now we are happy with like a 4 inch storm. Unless this bumps north again tomorrow than I will get a bit more excited. Gonna be flustering watching South Jersey get close to a foot while North Jersey scrapes out a few inches.

I'll stick with what I had from earlier, 3 inches in the northern Bronx, 6 inches in the Rockaways. Hopefully the models are done with the south trend and maybe tick north. A slight reorientation of the PV can allow that.

I like where im in JFK in a storm like this .55 from GFS ( which been the most solid this time around) will likely translate to the 6 inches & a slight uptick tomorrow or an overperforming intial wave can bump that up to 8. Im optimistic for 1st time in 48 hrs

Sorry but less than .50 is not exciting when Things were Trending bad for us last nigh and this morning we were seeing between 50-60 on a lot of Models now we are happy with like a 4 inch storm. Unless this bumps north again tomorrow than I will get a bit more excited. Gonna be flustering watching South Jersey get close to a foot while North Jersey scrapes out a few inches.

BS.

NYC is around 6" away from 2nd place All time.

This event will put us very close to it.

I will take any snow that I can get.

I like where im in JFK in a storm like this .55 from GFS ( which been the most solid this time around) will likely translate to the 6 inches & a slight uptick tomorrow or an overperforming intial wave can bump that up to 8. Im optimistic for 1st time in 48 hrs

I'm in Brooklyn and the models have slightly higher precip in our area compared to Manhattan.

If you look back at similar storms that pounded DCA, hit Philly fairly hard but more or less missed NYC, with the exception of 2/6/10 they generally do give NYC decent snows on the south side, so-so north side and little if anything Hudson Valley and N NJ...1/26/87, 2/23/87 and PD1 are good examples...almost all of those had fairly similar gradients from the Bronx down to Staten Island with JFK notably more than LGA in all of them.

BS.

NYC is around 6" away from 2nd place All time.

This event will put us very close to it.

2nd place will be nice . I don't think 1st place will happen anymore. If the models didn't trend south with this storm and kept the 12+ inches for our area, I think 96 would have been in trouble.

If you look back at similar storms that pounded DCA, hit Philly fairly hard but more or less missed NYC, with the exception of 2/6/10 they generally do give NYC decent snows on the south side, so-so north side and little if anything Hudson Valley and N NJ...1/26/87, 2/23/87 and PD1 are good examples...almost all of those had fairly similar gradients from the Bronx down to Staten Island with JFK notably more than LGA in all of them.

With all respect to the rest of my NY brethern being in Kew Gardens - 10 minutes drive from JFK- smiled reading that as I just wrote the same thing. in any MECS we are 2-3 inches less and so if tomorrow I get 2-3 more I wont apologize.

the RUC has nailed some in near past - last batch in last bbig noreaster for eg. was spot on with outrageous QPF output ( 2nd wave)

when i stopped looking at the ruc a few years ago, it was a terrible model.  plus it was an extremely short range model.... just a few hours out.  and it still sucked.  other than that, it's fantastic. has it been changed since?

Archived