Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 3

Sickman

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all just so silly, like the reason why I didn't see anyone mention the Euro ensembles is because they are almost bone dry. Just look at radar, anything north of Philly is getting eaten alive.

then why are you on here.. you're bringing nothing to the table...

And what good will that do for me? It's been over up here for two days now and it looks like we're all going to suffer now equally.

And what good will that do for me? It's been over up here for two days now and it looks like we're all going to suffer now equally.

Yanks, suffer is the wrong word. Most people in the area are thrilled we won't see much snow. Mingle some. Pretend to be happy about it. Think of bright sunny warm days and walks in the park with family or the dog. it's been a long winter, buddy. And I have appreciated your work here, as well as your friend's.....but cheer up for goodness sake.

Nice joke man :lol:

Look at what's going on with the radar and the short term high res models. I see nothing that tells me this is going to end up better for us than currently progged.

Agree, but given the longer term pattern, I'd say we have 1, 2 or even 3 shots at something before winter's done.

I didn't declare winter over yet, just this "threat" of anyone in this area seeing more than a few inches of snow. 

I know, but if it were the last threat of the year, I would be more bummed, just saying that there's something to possibly look forward to....

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

SOME CSTL LOCATIONS COULD SEE WARNING LEVEL SNOWFALL CLOSE TO 6
INCHES...BUT BELIEVE THAT WILL BE THE UPPER LIMIT...UNLESS FUTURE
MODEL RUNS SUGGEST OTHERWISE. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE ADVISORY
WILL NEED TO BE EXPANDED SLIGHTLY TO INCLUDE SOME OF THE NORTHERN
NYC SUBURBS. HOWEVER...IT COULD GO THE OTHER WAY IF DRIER TRENDS
CONTINUE. LATER SHIFTS MAKE HAVE TO SCALE BACK THE ADVISORY. STAY
TUNED.

ANOTHER CAVEAT FOR SNOWFALL FORECAST IS ANY CHANGE IN QPF AND
INCREASING RATIOS AS COLDER AIR MOVES IN LATER TONIGHT AND MONDAY.
MANY VARIABLES TO CONSIDER...WHICH MAKES EXACT SNOW ACCUM
FORECASTING A CHALLENGE.

FOLLOWED A MOS BLEND FOR TEMPS...AS MOS WAS IN BETTER AGREEMENT
TONIGHT AND MONDAY. VERY COLD WITH TEMPS 10 TO 15 DEGREES BELOW
NORMAL TONIGHT...AND ABOUT 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL MONDAY.

wishcasting????

Yanks, suffer is the wrong word. Most people in the area are thrilled we won't see much snow. Mingle some. Pretend to be happy about it. Think of bright sunny warm days and walks in the park with family or the dog. it's been a long winter, buddy. And I have appreciated your work here, as well as your friend's.....but cheer up for goodness sake.

You know what I think of? The countless hours and days that I spent tracking this and giving play by plays and the about 2000 posts that I've made in the past ten days.

You know what I think of? The countless hours and days that I spent tracking this and giving play by plays and the about 2000 posts that I've made in the past ten days.

I think that speaks volumes. The amount of emotional investment in model runs by many in this forum is amazing.

SREF plumes have 3-5 inches for NYC

That is not true.  JFK has a mean of 3.12, both LGA and EWR are in the 2.5-3 range.  And all three locations are skewed high by a couple of high members.  The majority of the members are below the mean for all three locations.  Also all three locations have QPF between .2-.3, getting 3 inches would be a success.

I wonder how good they would do with my Tea Leaves????? :icecream:

"today your ice cream  may not melt"

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/prec_f024_usbg.gif

attachicon.gifr.gif

always my favorite poster DM - thanks for all the knowledge you bring -- id take 2-4 and run -- well forget the running part but would still be thrilled with that.. expecting 1-3..

That is not true.  JFK has a mean of 3.12, both LGA and EWR are in the 2.5-3 range.  And all three locations are skewed high by a couple of high members.  The majority of the members are below the mean for all three locations.  Also all three locations have QPF between .2-.3, getting 3 inches would be a success.

So 2-4 is a good call which is good for March. Enjoy.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

SOME CSTL LOCATIONS COULD SEE WARNING LEVEL SNOWFALL CLOSE TO 6

INCHES...BUT BELIEVE THAT WILL BE THE UPPER LIMIT...UNLESS FUTURE

MODEL RUNS SUGGEST OTHERWISE. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE ADVISORY

WILL NEED TO BE EXPANDED SLIGHTLY TO INCLUDE SOME OF THE NORTHERN

NYC SUBURBS. HOWEVER...IT COULD GO THE OTHER WAY IF DRIER TRENDS

CONTINUE. LATER SHIFTS MAKE HAVE TO SCALE BACK THE ADVISORY. STAY

TUNED.

ANOTHER CAVEAT FOR SNOWFALL FORECAST IS ANY CHANGE IN QPF AND

INCREASING RATIOS AS COLDER AIR MOVES IN LATER TONIGHT AND MONDAY.

MANY VARIABLES TO CONSIDER...WHICH MAKES EXACT SNOW ACCUM

FORECASTING A CHALLENGE.

FOLLOWED A MOS BLEND FOR TEMPS...AS MOS WAS IN BETTER AGREEMENT

TONIGHT AND MONDAY. VERY COLD WITH TEMPS 10 TO 15 DEGREES BELOW

NORMAL TONIGHT...AND ABOUT 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL MONDAY.

wishcasting????

Exactly. Look, nobody is saying the NWS is infallible (and they've blown a couple of the marginal systems lately), but I'll take their track record, especially on larger systems, over anyone's and right now, they still have reason to believe in 2-4" for NYC/North Jersey, north of 78, and 4-8" in Central Jersey, moving south from 78 (4") down to 195 (8"). They might actually know a little more about meteorology and are not relying on modelology.

Archived