Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind virga will be a problem to start. Very dry air coming in. That's why totals farther south are bigger.

The mid levels should be moistened up prior to the cold air injection. Usually an arctic boundary can create enough lift to give someone snow right as it passes. I'd have to check the soundings on the GFS to see if that's the case. This isn't a injection with precip heading into it. It's basically happening as the storm is happening

posted this on my blog a bit ago... going to be a very tight gradient and I probably have to sharpen it up tomorrow when exactly where that line is becomes clear.  For those of us in central PA the splitting of the systems will probably prevent this from what could have been a great storm.  Oh well...post-2304-0-60956500-1393738616_thumb.pn

Southern tier will like this run. High ratio'd to death. 0.5" up to MDT and tight gradient south. LNS at hour 36 is at 0.5 north and 1.0" south. Everyone in the cross hairs can rest easy. Even some snow north of MDT but nothing substantial but it's something. Real cold during best portion of event for southern tier. Great run for those in the southern counties

Archived