Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost like a joke everyone pretty much north of turnpike will have to deal with brutal cold and have less than 3 inches of snow to show for it.

God I hope not....at this point I hope we dont see a flake.  Whats the point of some nuisance snow just to mess up the roads.  

The RGEM is moderate to heavy snow for several hours on Monday for the southern tier. The main difference is the RGEM is gradual with the push south of the cold air and not as abrupt as the NAM which pushes the frontal boundary faster than you can shake a stick at. This is an easy 6-10" run for Adams/York/Lancaster. The fact this model has not wavered at all past 3 runs is promising for everyone in here

God I hope not....at this point I hope we dont see a flake.  

I was all in when I thought we'd see 10+, now, I'd rather it finish the job and sink so far south that we can see the edge of the cloud deck while we enjoy sunny skies. Less to melt if we ever finally warm up...

The RGEM is moderate to heavy snow for several hours on Monday for the southern tier. The main difference is the RGEM is gradual with the push south of the cold air and not as abrupt as the NAM which pushes the frontal boundary faster than you can shake a stick at. This is an easy 6-10" run for Adams/York/Lancaster. The fact this model has not wavered at all past 3 runs is promising for everyone in here

*ahem* not everyone.

MDT is a sharp cutoff lol

This storm is going to play out like that. HBG is going to be on the northern fringe of anything worth while it seems. The pressing frontal boundary is to blame here. The best snows look to be south of the region, but it's going to be a tight gradient. HBG could see 0.1-0.4" qpf while Shrewsbury sees 0.7-1" and further south into MD see 1-1.5" over a span of 100 miles. The main factor of accumulation will be how the ratios work out. I mentioned yesterday to someone that the cold is only one part of the equation to get good accumulating snow. The dynamics at play in regards to rate of precip are key. Where there is steady snow over a region could run ratios towards 15-20:1 as opposed to someone who may be seeing light stuff in slightly colder air may see 10-15:1. The mid levels will be cooling throughout the duration of the event and become more favorable. so any snow falling Monday morning into afternoon will be fluffy in nature and easier for accumulating. 

Archived