Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per the MA forum euro gets the 1 inch qpf to the border. 850s solid and ratios high. Blowing and drifting down here will be epic. I could see 12 to 15 for Shrewsbury. I still think the qpf shield will expand further north to give Harrisburg a good pounding.

I'm sure your house will somehow get 20" anyways, lol

Lol for my sanity I hope not! Wife has constant snow meltdowns and wonders why are we always crushed this season. She wants to move!

Wife's rants lol!

"Channel 8 showed Harrisburg they didn't get this, hunt valley has nothing like this why us, this sucks, it's always snowing blah blah."

Per the MA forum euro gets the 1 inch qpf to the border. 850s solid and ratios high. Blowing and drifting down here will be epic. I could see 12 to 15 for Shrewsbury. I still think the qpf shield will expand further north to give Harrisburg a good pounding.

Ha your location you better double that :whistle:

You got my room ready? I could enjoy seeing couple feet of snow :snowing: :snowing:

The way the models have been ticking south....I don't look for them to make to much of a move back north.

Already stated this. Ratios will be higher and I don't base my forecast right off models. Think bands will come enough north.

I think the ratios thing might be overplayed because the second wave has the high ratios and that is looking like a big miss. Might not even get much into southern pa. Nam looks like its going even further south. Trends today are bad. Weaker second wave and stronger pv influence. I'm about to pull the plug and stop paying much attention I think hope is fading north of the turnpike for anything significant.

I think the ratios thing might be overplayed because the second wave has the high ratios and that is looking like a big miss. Might not even get much into southern pa. Nam looks like its going even further south. Trends today are bad. Weaker second wave and stronger pv influence. I'm about to pull the plug and stop paying much attention I think hope is fading north of the turnpike for anything significant.

NAM. lol. Never mention that model again. 

The nam is the exact thing we should all fear. Heavy precip with the first wave, but very warm. Second wave doesn't make it into pa. I really feel like a lot of people are t accounting for the fact that the temps aren't really going to drop until the precip cuts off.

My call would be 3-5 south of the turnpike, 2-4 just north and up around I-80 1-3.

NAM is quite interesting...

hpst.pngSuggesting wave 1 may actually be the major player for those north of PA/MD border... Unfortunately for SEPA it is too warm and is rain only for the cold air to supress the 2nd wave down south of DC. Don't think it is right but hopefully wave 1 trends with more moisture.. Heck, it gives me 3-4" all the way up here near I 80 whereas Philly sees Less than an inch. 

RGEM doesn't look right. Its too supressed with wave 1 and too far north with the 2nd part... Most of the snow comes in Monday after midnight - morning when NAM suggests it to come in Sunday evening - Midnight.

RGEM is more in line with Euro and GFS. NAM is the one that doesn't like right. Ever. 

Archived