• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
3/6 - 3/7 Event is it this seasons last gasp?

WXinCanton

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM looks really good for you guys @ 48 hours, there's more energy on the front side of the shortwave, HP looks good, shame we don't have it beyond, will be interesting if the GGEM looks good.

x.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=124059]rgem.gif[/url]

Agreed, 1042 HP further west than NAM.

My gut tells me the track of the ULL would be somewhere just southeast of ATL to CAE then out to sea. I have a hard time guying this goes much further north than that.

That is about the exact track of the 3/1/09 ULL ! It was 35-36 ish, with rain all day, then the low went by just to my S, and we got 6-8 inches! This one looks good and will most likely trend stronger!

That is about the exact track of the 3/1/09 ULL ! It was 35-36 ish, with rain all day, then the low went by just to my S, and we got 6-8 inches! This one looks good and will most likely trend stronger!

I hope someone is lucky enough to cash in overnight Thursday into Friday...Just by going off some of the predictions on the upper low track, MBY may be watching some areas close by get pasted while I sit with a good ol' warm nose just above the surface.

My gut tells me the track of the ULL would be somewhere just southeast of ATL to CAE then out to sea. I have a hard time guying this goes much further north than that. 

I don't know there is still time to watch. Which Im a tad concern atm the ULL is too far south. It will probably be further north.

If the rule of enter and exit the same rough longitude still applys... the S/W came ashore northern Cali and the track would argue exit off the NC/VA coast.

The last time an ULL swung through KCAE (during Winter) we ended up with snow graupal and thunder.  Not much, but better than nothing.

I understand the points about the low developing it's own cold core if it stregthens and stays cut off.. but here in my area.. not very confident in the ptype being Wintry.  The 00z EPS has very very small trace members showing something frozen..(most likely snow in this scenario as the ULL swings by).

I guess my main point is.. if you live in the Midlands of SC.. do not exactly get excited about this event.  ULLs can and will screw even those further North over.  I'm in the same boat of how Chris thinks about Macon for us currently.

The Upstate into Border SC/NC counties may get something though.  I've pretty much let go of the CAD situation even though models are struggling with placement and strength.

Agreed, this thing can't climb but so high, Euro has exiting MYR.  GFS has exiting over SAV.  GEM has it over ILM.  I think the consensus is between ILM and MYR, unless things dramatically change within 72 hours.

saw mathew east blog and he thinks the other models are correct with a closed ull.  he like gsp said gfs is the only model not showing this scenario.  I guess GFS is out to lunch and is having a hard time sorting this storm out which is what has happened most of the winter.   Let's hope all other models are correct...

Sounds like GFS is all on its own, but that seems to be the one the local forecasters are going with now because they are calling for all rain here. I guess they just go with the most conservative one, even if it is only one model showing that. I thought the Euro has been more right than not this winter.

Excellent memory! Here is a NWS follow-up of that event. I had about 4" in Taylors from that event. The east side of the mountain ranges got a dumping. I'd be happy with a similar setup! 4" in Taylors would be fun for the weekend!!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/gsp/localdat/cases/2009/1-2March2009Snow/1-2MarchSnow.html

Sounds like GFS is all on its own, but that seems to be the one the local forecasters are going with now because they are calling for all rain here. I guess they just go with the most conservative one, even if it is only one model showing that. I thought the Euro has been more right than not this winter.

At this time I believe all the models are showing rain for our area.

Archived