• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

Lets look at sensible weather and compare to Euro solution ( the most suppressed of all the models) argues Steve D. While he is God , he is a measured reasonable met so Im bringing this here rather than vendors. The logic simple : if Euro is saying South- South. SOUTH and reality is already North of what is progged by Euro then clearly Euro had a poor run :

'but let's be clear the precipitation shield is already north of the ECMWF solution....As such, this is a rare poor run of the ECMWF these days.' Steve D on Twitter

There you go.  Nice post.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're talking surface data which sensors over sea actually give you. But this argument is used all the time and it's simply overblown. Yes we have seen changes and the ones occurring now have not been pretty. It could however jog a bit north at the last minute so NYC needs to be on the lookout.

You are an intelligent man and I know you know your stuff.  I just really feel that what we are seeing is an imbalance in the models right now, giving too much credit to one disturbance and not enough to the even more important disturbance for people in the New York City area.  

Jerry upset Box is toast so he's looking to rain in a little NYC parade!! Jerry. Jerry.

Idiot. No...I'm happy if you get snow. But you do realize you have gone from 12+ to hoping for 3-6 and trending badly right? Maybe all the guidance today is wrong.

I am surprised you would say that.  I am sorry but data from a ton of weather stations on land in California is going to be a lot better than from a random plane or ship, or derived from satellite data.  That is the truth and is why we have seen such massive changes in the models throughout this winter within even 24 hours.  

Why would weather stations at land level be better than planes and satellites that sample more than just the land level? I am surprised that you would say that.

Why would weather stations at land level be better than planes and satellites that sample more than just the land level? I am surprised that you would say that.

Because there is much more and better data.  Very few planes fly through the storm that provide data back to the models, while there is very good depth and quantity of information coming from many, many, land weather stations. The best way to tell will be if this does trend north as I am saying when the storm comes inland tonight.  The models should start to change with the 0z runs.  If they don't, then I am wrong and put a fork in it.  

Archived