EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was A+ in my book for a spring day...mid upper 40Fs, full sun and almost NO WIND!  Took the kids for a 2 hour walk down the marsh trails/downtown...  Spent other part of the day cleaning the yard.  Only ice left around here and that is just in the shade.  Noticed the river was flowing good earlier today...going to be flowing really good by Monday.

IMG_0539.jpg

made it to 37 today, but under full sun, I could hear lots of melting. 46 tomorrow, and looks like my first 50 for Monday. So excited!

update: snow is still deep all over. Trying to remember but I think I had around a foot on April first last year. Way more this year.

driveway is a mess. didn't clean up after the last couple snows and it thaws and refreezes again.

Today was A+ in my book for a spring day...mid upper 40Fs, full sun and almost NO WIND!  Took the kids for a 2 hour walk down the marsh trails/downtown...  Spent other part of the day cleaning the yard.  Only ice left around here and that is just in the shade.  Noticed the river was flowing good earlier today...going to be flowing really good by Monday.

IMG_0539.jpg

Wow...our grass is much brower than that!

That's about what most grass here looks like. Did quite a bit of raking and picking up sticks today. That a nice looking pathway above there^.

High 39° today. 54° predicted tomorrow and 63° for Monday.

Mom and dad's yard outside of town - plenty of snow left in the woods.

Just hangin' tough. Still got one snowmobile parked out in the woods. Going to take her for a rip tomorrow along the shade line in the field. Maybe we'll get her back inside for good/maybe not. An April jamboree would be sweet.

mujanu9y.jpg

Mom and dad's yard outside of town - plenty of snow left in the woods.

Just hangin' tough. Still got one snowmobile parked out in the woods. Going to take her for a rip tomorrow along the shade line in the field. Maybe we'll get her back inside for good/maybe not. An April jamboree would be sweet.

Wow, outside of Woodstock!?...

Nothing like that here in Lake County or between here and Racine. Just piles that are getting smaller every day now.

In fact today I was able to dig about 8" into the topsoil. 

Looks like this March will be colder than last March at LAF. Projecting a mean temp of 33.0º for 2014.

I guess we're now almost even for Morch 2012 (56.6º +15.8º). :lol:

March 2013: 33.5º -7.3º

March 2014: 32.2º -8.2º thru 3/29

While this March was above average in snowfall, it was almost half of last March here.

Looks like this March will be colder than last March at LAF. Projecting a mean temp of 33.0º for 2014.

I guess we're now almost even for Morch 2012 (56.6º +15.8º). :lol:

March 2013: 33.5º -7.3º

March 2014: 32.2º -8.2º thru 3/29

While this March was above average in snowfall, it was almost half of last March here.

Pretty dang good b2b Marches after some not so wintry ones.

@ Brewers.

Yeah down here, the wind has to be about 165° before the lake really starts have a significant impact on temps. Wind Point pretty much has to have a 190° or greater angle to avoid the lake cooling! lol

Hanging at 47° right now.

Initially thought tomorrow would be our first 60 degree reading of the year but not feeling that confident anymore. Southerly winds will be pretty strong but models are still showing an easterly component tomorrow afternoon and I'm not sure we can make it to 60 before that happens. So it will probably be in the low 60's at MWC and the low 50's at MKE tomorrow afternoon.

Today with just lower 50s I saw: people on motorcycle's, people wearing shorts, people with their car windows down, and several neighbors were working in their garages, some with their music blasting!

---

Frogs are croaking tonight from the various ponds in the neighborhood. Sure sign of spring!

---

Ramsey going with 60-67° tomorrow!

Today with just lower 50s I saw: people on motorcycle's, people wearing shorts, people with their car windows down, and several neighbors were working in their garages, some with their music blasting!

---

Frogs are croaking tonight from the various ponds in the neighborhood. Sure sign of spring!

---

Ramsey going with 60-67° tomorrow!

Actually found a leopard frog? on the bike trail today.    It was so lethargic.  Kids got to see it and then we moved him (was right in the middle of the paved trail--sunning). 

Motorcycles everywhere around here too...  scooters, joggers, even saw a dude in a CANOE with his dog...in shorts!!  no thanks.

Group of us went ice fishing this morning (back pocket off the Mississippi River).  2 guys and 1 dog fell in (shallow)...  the problem is the shore lines are all more or less open, and the only good ice is in the middle.  Had to cross trees to get out on it...fishing was so so.   Last day for ice fishing by the looks of it.

Actually found a leopard frog? on the bike trail today.    It was so lethargic.  Kids got to see it and then we moved him (was right in the middle of the paved trail--sunning). 

Motorcycles everywhere around here too...  scooters, joggers, even saw a dude in a CANOE with his dog...in shorts!!  no thanks.

Group of us went ice fishing this morning (back pocket off the Mississippi River).  2 guys and 1 dog fell in (shallow)...  the problem is the shore lines are all more or less open, and the only good ice is in the middle.  Had to cross trees to get out on it...fishing was so so.   Last day for ice fishing by the looks of it.

I visited the local dam yesterday to catch some crappies and see if I could get a walleye to take and the variety of clothing was amazing. Most guys (like me) were still wearing Carharts and sweatshirts, while others seemed comfortable in jackets. Two guys decided that  long-sleeved shirts and shorts were good enough. Good thing they didn't see me loling or I may have gotten my butt kicked.

Archived