• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-5 Event

windvane

EarthSat has the 0.05" QPF line out by eastern LI for the 132-138 period.  At 132 the 850 0C line is just crossing south Jersey.  So, if there is any snow, its not much.

My rookie eyees per SV snow map has maybe 1-2" phl, ttn, bucks, mont. in the end.

Scranton into Central PA. is jackpot zone.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is on topic, it is an issue people are discussing related to the storm.   It isn't banter, it is a fair disagreement regarding possible accumulation regarding the storm.  Didn't you cancel winter two days ago anyway?

That was me too, while I shop for crow.

Edit: after fully reading the thread, I may not have to eat crow.

mysql errors already...5 days before the storm ? ohh boy.

anyway, are these news guys borderline-slow or what.   12z Euro shows rain , not snow. 

http://hudsonreporter.com/bookmark/24644155-BREAKING-European-weather-model-predicts-New-Jersey-in-path-of-massive-snowstorm-on-Monday

article published 2 hours ago, so they couldn't of been dumb enough to use 0z...or could they? 

BREAKING: European weather model predicts New Jersey in path of massive snowstorm on Monday

anyway, are these news guys borderline-slow or what.   12z Euro shows rain , not snow. 

http://hudsonreporter.com/bookmark/24644155-BREAKING-European-weather-model-predicts-New-Jersey-in-path-of-massive-snowstorm-on-Monday

article published 2 hours ago, so they couldn't of been dumb enough to use 0z...or could they? 

Its really scary that they based that on the Severe Weather NJ page.

thats is crazy.

hopefully many dont follow that site.

thats is crazy.

hopefully many dont follow that site.

I follow the site....it was just model discussion which he makes clear but he does drop the big adjectives if the model shows something significant.......his forecast is made clearly separate from the discussion......I think he is alright fwiw

Your constitution is better than mine. I want to keep peeking lol.

Yes, it's part of the, ahem, affliction. There are times when I have an "enforced" hiatus away from forum reading/model watching (sometimes even sleep intervenes), and when I get back onto the computer there is that mixed anticipation, not sure whether it's going to be that Christmas morning as a kid feeling, or something not quite as enjoyable.

From what I understand the biggest uncertainty at this point has to do with the placement of the PV in Canada. The Euro has it farther west in Canada. Any thoughts on this?

Something to keep an eye on before the 00z runs is the position of the ULL over Canada. This is the most important feature for this storm. It helps usher in the cold air, and surpresses the low enough so we don't get too warm. Note the differences on the EURO vs. the colder GFS....

When looking at the 00z models roll in tonight, root for this ULL to be stronger and farther SE. 

post-8091-0-92381300-1393467022_thumb.gi

post-8091-0-49808600-1393467023_thumb.gi

Something to keep an eye on before the 00z runs is the position of the ULL over Canada. This is the most important feature for this storm. It helps usher in the cold air, and surpresses the low enough so we don't get too warm. Note the differences on the EURO vs. the colder

GFS....

Great info. Seems like a fine line on the PV placement and this feature will help tell the tale.

When looking at the 00z models roll in tonight, root for this ULL to be stronger and farther SE.

EURO1.gif

GFS1.gif

It does sleet in Philly mid-day Monday on this run.  Even so, its still probably 8-10" there.  ABE suffers from decreased QPF (less than an inch).  Overall I'd say that the GFS spits out a general 8-12" storm from PHL to ABE.  Maybe a bit less Pocs though ratios might help more.  South definitely less with more mixing.

Archived