joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Much Colder Than Normal March Pattern Continues

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of gullible people in this world that take news station propaganda as gospel. Cant even remember when the last time i sat down and watched any news stations for more than a couple minutes. IMO its a waste

There used to be standards for verification of sources, etc. That during said, this upcoming pattern is amazing. The teleconnections look very promising and the energy in the Pacific looks amazing.

I will leave you with one more thought. With a 3SD below normal EPO and the height field connected and a 2SD above normal PNA I would 1 expect the Arctic front with low level cold air to come all the way to east coast and want to turn the corner ( once the PV relaxes ) keep in mind these will all be cold snows. Snow or no. But if they do they are not 10 to 1. Those are frigid 850s. We will b looking at 15 to 1 type stuff. So " IF" it comes it will make Ryan maues map look underdone.

Scary thing PB is the low is still at NC at 240 hours and still bombing. It would of dropped gargantuan amounts of QPF if we had it beyond 240hrs.

Yeh it would b nuts

Just be aware. Here today gone tomorrow. The speed and depth of the PV which will determine which latitude is in the bullseye will not be set in stone for another 5 to 7 days.

The energy is the but at 0z it was Albany to Boston. Today its the I 95 crowd. Tonite It could b a DT special.

Many days. Bring the Cold. Then we will figure detes out.

lemme know when its 36 hrs out....

yea we've seen these patterns that could yield BIG storms come to end with little to nothing compared to what it could've been. this winter we haven't had a pattern like this though next week ( assuming it all comes together ). we've made our damage with well-timed transient blocks and enough of a SE ridge and PAC ridge to get our snowfall totals to be so great this year thus far. this year paul has beat the drum " that it wants to snow" and a pattern like next week in a winter like this, my bet is something happening that will officially challenge or better 95'-96' area wide for seasonal snowfall totals. I would be shocked if we didn't get atleast a MECS before this pattern/winter ends Ralph, that said im not going to be getting excited for anything until sunday and enjoy the current warm up :maphot:

18z gfs likes the wed event also...

3-6

gfs is right where you wanna see it at 240hrs. out to sea but a close call. im not usually this gung ho about a major snow event 10 days out but id be very surprised if someone in the mid atlantic and northeast doesnt get buried with snow. the pattern just looks so favorable

Couldn`t you have just said unstoppable ?  lol JK    The Euro is too cold there  UHI , plus it sees a foot of snow down . And those lows are before the Day 9 storm , ( which will prob not be there at 0z ) .

But this air mass that's coming is Highs in the 20`s and lows in the single digits  - in the burbs . DAY 5 -15 look redic .

Haha I like it because it conveys a mix of unstoppable and inevitable.

Archived