• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta see the deep layer tropospheric fielding on that ... dubiously over-rout solution to say the least.

You'd have to really perfectly time a low capture into newly closing mid lever center, where stream dynamics are hyper situating q-vector forcing ideally, which is not an overall circumstance provided by a progressive speed flow.  

But I dunno -- maybe it interacts the N-stream more. 

This depiction, here, would argue for a whiter solution "slightly" SE of the product in the above posts...

f108.gif

Either way, this is just an ideally closing 500mb sfc that fights back against the progressive background appeal, just enough ...  Not much N-stream, interestingly; in fact, could argue for slightly less, allowing the lead S-stream impulse to just utterly maximize the single stream low.   In other words, no ensemble required!!   haha  Actually, not entirely true; since the S-sream system is 'in the cage' of the L/W axis, that is technically a partial phase -- it's just that there is less key negative interference going on. 

Fascinating solution, though no GGEM solution should be taken too seriously unless it is the initialization..   

UKMET looks good too 

Despite it's antics over the longer term performance ... it has been remarkably consistent wrt to this event.  It latched onto the Miller A deepening impressively 2 days ago and has not really wavered outside of irrelevant details, since. 

It's probably a nice compromise between the GFS water-on-the-brain, the Euro's W, and the Canadians drama-queen solutions, too.

Until something else verifies altogether - haha 

I know you don't agree..but this has looked to me like it very well could be an elevation event where everyone gets snow..even to the coast but the hills get quite a bit more as it's a 30-33 type snow

I think temps would be fine in the low interior elevations with a bombing low creating more nrly flow. This is more of your classic 0C isotherm at 850 is close to the rain/snow line type deal. At least as modeled. I wouldn't fall in love with wrapped up solutions this far out in this winter.

I think temps would be fine in the low interior elevations with a bombing low creating more nrly flow. This is more of your classic 0C isotherm at 850 is close to the rain/snow line type deal. At least as modeled. I wouldn't fall in love with wrapped up solutions this far out in this winter.

I don't think it'll be anymore than a 4-8 or 5-10 inch type storm. It's not going to be a mega storm. This winter isn't going to feature that..Seeing as we only have about 10 days left anyway

Not sure I see the connection. The Cmc in this range has had massive coastals on multiple systems that grazed or went ots. The fact that it's not over Vermont I take as a bad sign.

All I was inferring was that the signal for this event is growing. Cmc is not alone in showing a coastal. And if you have read my posts this winter you know my utter disdain for GGEM.

Archived