Newest Member
    EWR757
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higher or lower?.

Last night the vort was weaker than the skins secondary with flat ridging behind it. Now the vort is kinda juiced with some amp on the back. Pretty nasty wall of confluence above us though. We need a strong amped up vort no matter what. That part isn't too much too ask. If the confluence above ends up with a suppressed solution then it is what it is. I'd prefer that over no storm at all to even watch. 

Last night the vort was weaker than the skins secondary with flat ridging behind it. Now the vort is kinda juiced with some amp on the back. Pretty nasty wall of confluence above us though. We need a strong amped up vort no matter what. That part isn't too much too ask. If the confluence above ends up with a suppressed solution then it is what it is. I'd prefer that over no storm at all to even watch. 

it's pretty rare for the Euro to have a decent event like it showed for 3 or 4 runs and then disappear since those runs were based on troughs out in the PAC reaching the west coast then traversing east

I would expect a storm to be there come next weekend, but exactly where and whether it does anything to us is obviously a different, albeit the most important, question

Ian, it looks like your "storm after the storm" thinking may verify. EURO looks good on March 3rd. I know it'll change a thousand times...

Yeah, it looks decent enough.. of course it is day 10. Tho, the third coastal in the cycle can be the money one.  Still some issues.. not sure the handling of the weekend low is right either. It sorta splits one low off into the tropics. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation Bob.

LOL.  Like it did on Jan 2?

It came back to reality from its big storm,  but then was the 1st to go bullish after all the models went to a crappy solution...all around it was a poor performance by all the models inside 4 days when they should be better

The models were WAY better for 1/21 once the Euro caught on 36 hours out...It was an abysmal performance for the euro from 2 days out ...from 36 hours in, the models were locked and loaded though the GFS was kind of clueless right at the end

So the Euro won all 3 2014 events from inside 36 hours...but the GFS was better outside 48 hours on both 1/2 and 1/21

So not sure we can cull anything from it all except the GFS isn't really to be trusted inside 48 hours if the Euro/Canadian/Ukmet/Nam agree...

Outside 48 hours, I think we just blend and remain non-committal...

2/13 was the ONLY event this year where a majority of models were good wire to wire

Archived