• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

Yeah, I'm late to the party...GFS pretty respectable Wednesday and like Bob said, it's been getting better and better.   I wish the Euro was interested....what are the chances the GFS leads...

The euro has been showing a mid week event for like 4 days now

and it now has the Tuesday morning event and the Wednesday morning event...

so I would say the euro is interested

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro has been showing a mid week event for like 4 days now

and it now has the Tuesday morning event and the Wednesday morning event...

so I would say the euro is interested

It has and has always been just a bit less organized than the gfs. Last night it caught up and now the gfs took it a step further. 12z euro will probably improve from last night imo. Interesting.

I definitely prefer a cold 4" event to a mixy 14" one. I'll consider this winter a major win if Wednesday verifies as advertised. 

I'll go on record and say I don't want to ever see another snow above 10".  They are too much work.  This winter has been great with so many spread out events.

Hope the Tuesday Wed event comes to fruition as the models are no longer liking the 1st and then have a low going up to the lakes before the next cold shot.

yea, energy out west kept getting pushed back the last couple days. Bad sign for trying to time a good h5 pattern. Maybe it ends up as a front end dealie. Way to far out to worry either way. Ian's storm after the storm is looking like a better call.

It has and has always been just a bit less organized than the gfs. Last night it caught up and now the gfs took it a step further. 12z euro will probably improve from last night imo. Interesting.

This is more or less what I meant.  I would say a lot less organized.    Anxious to see 12z Euro....guess we'll know in 10 mins

Hmmm... 998 off the coast directly east of the VA/NC border coast Wed 12z by like 100-150 miles or so... 850s -6 to -10 across the area...

hmmmm is right

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ecmwf≤=700&va=rhum&in=5&pl=cf&ft=h120&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

it looks really good...even with its current track I could see it trending wetter

It's probably more like 3-4" for Baltimore-Westminster

Archived