• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
kvskelton

WxSouth basically stated that N Alabama, N GA, most of TN, NC , VA, and SC are in for some sort of prolonged winter event that the models are struggling with...big ticket is Weds and Thurs. Will have an update after 12z. Said no forecaster has this even remotely nailed at this point. Said for some areas this could be a historic system. Will impact millions.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is REALLY bold. I can't state how bold that is when NO model is currently being consistent, even within 72 hours. I have to think its a lot more complicated than anyone understands and that that kind of call is premature.

Don't get me wrong, I like it........just wouldn't go that far with things ....in light of all that happened in the modeling over the last 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still seeing good precip in our area. What concerns me are the temps. People on other forums keep harping on all of the snow but I really believe our area will have temp issues. We may yet still see some good heavy snow at times but it looks like the temps will still be marginal for any staying power. I've seen really heavy snow here with temps steady in the mid 30's but without major cold in place I feel we will be lucky to get a big pile of slush..

I know some models are depicting cold and snow for N Al but I think even they will have issues on temps.

WxSouth basically stated that N Alabama, N GA, most of TN, NC , VA, and SC are in for some sort of prolonged winter event that the models are struggling with...big ticket is Weds and Thurs. Will have an update after 12z. Said no forecaster has this even remotely nailed at this point. Said for some areas this could be a historic system. Will impact millions.

Agree with Robert despite model debacle overnight. Also include northern Mississippi. Remember an inch is historic in the South, lol! Making fun of ATL not Robert.

That is REALLY bold. I can't state how bold that is when NO model is currently being consistent, even within 72 hours. I have to think its a lot more complicated than anyone understands and that that kind of call is premature.

Don't get me wrong, I like it........just wouldn't go that far with things ....in light of all that happened in the modeling over the last 24 hours.

Like your managed expectations in Tenn. But if you believe the latest NAM the Carolinas see a major winter storm on Wednesday. SC has damaging ice and NC has a nice swath of snow. Keep in mind Robert gives the Carolinas lots of attention. Wednesday we have temperature issues in Tenn. However the Carolinas wedge is entrenched. 

After the 12Z Euro and some stuff for work I will post my forecast update for our Tenn Valley and Mid South region in the Feb 10-11 thread. If Wed looks more interesting I'd put that on THIS thread.

Archived