CHSVol
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS just buries N IL.  Nearly 30" at the end of the run :lol:

Guess they are being rewarded .. :snowing:

ggem blows the next storm into the northern lakes....then it looks like it tries to get a ridge going in the center of the country.  HIghs all over the conus,  lows all over Canada.     Feb rock'n calls in trouble.

I'm about ready to move on from winter guys.  If we can't do better than these lame 1-2/2-4" type of events then lets just move on to spring.  The smaller events are fun to a point, but after awhile they just get annoying.  Especially when you're smaller events occur simultaneously with areas nearby cashing in again and again with high quality events.  If certain members nearby were getting screwed like we are here they'd be lighting this thread up too. 

Bring on chase season, f'k this ****.

Hey Hawkeye, Sunday marks the 3rd year anniversary of both of our last 6" snowfall events.  Maybe we should start to root for the futility factor and see how long we can extend this.  Looks like we could easily sneak through this winter without one, so maybe we can make it to 2015?  Futility records FTW?

lol i should have deleted and responded to you in here instead of cluttering the fail train thread up more. feel for you man..  I'd of gave up by now in your shoes. I'm walking to the edge of a lake mi cliff for pictures but in a few weeks I might be swan diving off.. been mostly meh for the most part since ghd.

Hey Hawkeye, Sunday marks the 3rd year anniversary of both of our last 6" snowfall events.  Maybe we should start to root for the futility factor and see how long we can extend this.  Looks like we could easily sneak through this winter without one, so maybe we can make it to 2015?  Futility records FTW?

That blows my mind considering how well things have gone in areas not too far away.  I'm not going to mention how many I've had but they've all come since March 2013.  It's probably been mentioned before but what's the average return rate for 6+ events in your area?

lol i should have responded to you in here instead of cluttering the fail train thread up more. feel for you man..  I'd of gave up by now in your shoes. I'm walking to the edge.. been mostly meh for the most part since ghd.

Haha yeah, it almost seems like we're in some sort of weird negative feedback type of setup or something.  Like when you're in a drought and no matter what everything seems to avoid you even when they look good 24+hrs out.  It's just gonna have to run it's course like a bad case of the crabz and then things will sort themselves out. 

I'm about ready to move on from winter guys.  If we can't do better than these lame 1-2/2-4" type of events then lets just move on to spring.  The smaller events are fun to a point, but after awhile they just get annoying.  Especially when you're smaller events occur simultaneously with areas nearby cashing in again and again with high quality events.  If certain members nearby were getting screwed like we are here they'd be lighting this thread up too. 

Bring on chase season, f'k this ****.

I feel your pain exactly. Mirror image happening in my hometown. Of course, that may change tomorrow, but I won't count my chickens before they're hatched.

Remember the good times (GHD, etc) and realize they will happen again, it may just take awhile.

That blows my mind considering how well things have gone in areas not too far away.  I'm not going to mention how many I've had but they've all come since March 2013.  It's probably been mentioned before but what's the average return rate for 6+ events in your area?

There were only a handful of winters I can remember growing up where we didn't have at least one 6"er.  IIRC 2005 was one of the bad years here. 

It all really started right after GHD '11.  The rest of the season we barely got anything, even the light events missed us.  Obviously we all know how bad 11-12 was.  12-13 was definitely better but still failed to deliver a 6"+ event.  This year has actually been pretty damn good, but the lack of just one 6"+ event has eaten away at it.  Makes you feel sort of crazy lol.  Pure weenie insanity I guess.

Funny thing is most of the time it doesn't really bother me much at all.  It's when I get on the boards and read around it just starts eating at me lol   :cry:

I feel your pain exactly. Mirror image happening in my hometown. Of course, that may change tomorrow, but I won't count my chickens before they're hatched.

Remember the good times (GHD, etc) and realize they will happen again, it may just take awhile.

Hope you guys can cash in on this thing.  YYZ really has been the screw capital of the forum for the last 4-5 years it seems. 

Archived