• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

yeah pretty much hogwash with regards to different patterns.   just turrible luck for toronto this yr so far.

Not really, no. If you compare Detroit and YYZ since this century began, theirs alot of discrepancies that otherwise wasn't as visible in other years prior to 2000. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, no. If you compare Detroit and YYZ since this century began, theirs alot of discrepancies that otherwise wasn't as visible in other years prior to 2000. 

Yeah, but that proves my point. The two cities were comparable up until ~2004-05. Which makes Stebo's "it's the pattern" argument all the more weaker.

And frankly, even if I were to concede that it was a difference in upper level pattern (which I'm most definitely not), how does that even bolster Stebo's argument that it's irrational to complain? "We've had one favourable pattern in 10 years". If I preface all my general complaints with that, does that make them rational? 

Thats exactly why I like Toronto's snow dome. Cutter means rain, Atlantic means low amounts and not in jackpot. Not much we can do about Toronto's geographical location which I personally think is the worst 

Yeah its pretty turrible when in a rut, but dam they have some winters way back in the day.. Only thing that saves detroit from taking that cake is they can nickle and dime a panhandler  to death.

Yeah, but that proves my point. The two cities were comparable up until ~2004-05. Which makes Stebo's "it's the pattern" argument all the more weaker.

And frankly, even if I were to concede that it was a difference in upper level pattern (which I'm most definitely not), how does that even bolster Stebo's argument that it's irrational to complain? "We've had one favourable pattern in 10 years". If I preface all my general complaints with that, does that make them rational? 

Let's not forget he said it's completely different patterns

2009-10 is really the only year DTW dominated us. You've been beating us more often then not the last 10 years, but usually it's <10".

I'm not talking this lucky streak though. I'm talking long term comparisons. Surely if you're right, and it's about large scale patterns, the numbers the last 100 years will be night and day for YYZ vs. DTW. I have serious doubts. 

09-10 was pure luck here. The lake saved it ( which always involves luck especially when it is a big lake event like was had that winter here in Dec with that big MN special ) and the other was pure luck and thus see the Feb bomb that nailed DC/Philly and dropped a foot here. Only storm to ever nail both here and there like that did. And yes i checked! :P Has been a few to nail here and Boston but never DC and here. The epic Feb here really saved the winter here.

09-10 was pure luck here. The lake saved it ( which always involves luck especially when it is a big lake event like was had that winter here in Dec with that big MN special ) and the other was pure luck and thus see the Feb bomb that nailed DC/Philly and dropped a foot here. Only storm to ever nail both here and there like that did. And yes i checked! :P Has been a few to nail here and Boston but never DC and here. The epic Feb here really saved the winter here.

09-10 seems to be the only winter where the pattern argument holds water. -NAO/AO and the gyre of death over Labrador was going to create a natural NE-SW increase in snowfall gradient.

Notice how he's still lurking but not replying to my posts. You challenge Stebo even a bit and he crumbles like a house of cards.

No, I checked out on this argument a while ago when I realized it wasn't going to prove anything, I still have my snow and you don't have yours no matter how much we waste keystrokes.

No, I checked out on this argument a while ago when I realized it wasn't going to prove anything, I still have my snow and you don't have yours no matter how much we waste keystrokes.

You checked out because you reached a dead end and you realized you weren't going to prove anything because you can't prove anything. Your line of reasoning was intellectually bankrupt from the get go.

You checked out because you reached a dead end and you realized you weren't going to prove anything because you can't prove anything. Your line of reasoning was intellectually bankrupt from the get go.

Lol, yeah because your reasoning was sound? You gave a couple of token examples and automatically assumed victory. At this point if you want to carry on this e-pissing match you know where my inbox is. Otherwise I am done here dealing with you and this thread. This is a thread for complaint, I have nothing to complain about with my winter. You obviously do.

Lol, yeah because your reasoning was sound? You gave a couple of token examples and automatically assumed victory. At this point if you want to carry on this e-pissing match you know where my inbox is. Otherwise I am done here dealing with you and this thread. This is a thread for complaint, I have nothing to complain about with my winter. You obviously do.

Argumentation 101: You make an assertion. The onus is on you to prove it.

I've exposed you for what you are. My work here is done.

Where's your proof?

Didn't the previous pattern give you a lot less than us? I mean what the hell are we even arguing at this point? You were the one complaining about our historic snow with the current pattern, I believe we maximized our output while you didn't.

Didn't the previous pattern give you a lot less than us? I mean what the hell are we even arguing at this point? You were the one complaining about our historic snow with the current pattern, I believe we maximized our output while you didn't.

In other words, you have no proof. 

As much fun as this is, I've got to be up in the morning. You have a happy and a healthy evening.

In other words, you have no proof. 

As much fun as this is, I've got to be up in the morning. You have a happy and a healthy evening.

Yeah whatever man, maybe the both of us can enjoy some snow instead of having a useless pissing match that won't produce a single snowflake.

Archived