joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still probably a very low chance of a phase for the weekend, but it'll be interesting to see if we see any big changes when all the players are on the field. 

Yea its so close now... I would like to see more of the SERFs hinting at that in the 15z run...i think the small piece of energy that exits the SE coast @ 30 hours holds the key

so how much snow actually falles on Saturday/Sunday?

lol - anybody who  tries to answer that question now is just taking a wild guess the reason I am saying that is if you went by the GFS at 75 hours for  the 2/3 event you would have gotten nothing

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

12Z GFS @135: The Southern vort is slowing down and consolidating over Texas. The Northern Vort is still at the Upper Midwest and they are parallel to each other, but the Northern vort isn't really dropping down towards the Southern vort yet. 

There's no support from the PNA to force the northern S/W to dig. That's what's also killing this threat upcoming for the weekend. It's a flat, progressive and chaotic pattern where nothing can get its act together, and the Atlantic isn't helping.

Getting it's act together now at hr 162. Looks like a big hit incoming from DC to Boston. The 500mb jet is strengthening in classic fashion.

We also saw this with this weekends threat yank, DONT RIP ME APART im just saying :lol: but you are correct almost a classic big hit from DC-BOSTON

Archived