joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-17th 2014 "Threat"

jamesnichols1989

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last several cycles of ... every model type I have seen demoed too much deconstructive wave interference to call this a "threat" 

There is a long wave with a mean position near 80W, which is normally good for storm enthusiasm for our neck of the woods.  However ... there is also an over-abundance of diving S/W out of western Canada taking place, too fast for any one of them to have a chance operate on the circulation.   

Still ...  a period of snow and/or wintry precipitation should take place for a few or many -- just not sure how threatening it is.  

This looks like a classic euro bias run, but it is real interesting for the SE US...lol.

It is inside of D4, though, for the initial trough amplifying into the western TV region --

It seems to be compensating for a hostile wave-spacing by drilling for oil... but it's still there.   You can see at D4 how it "pinches" the dynamics between the west Atlantic ridge wall, and the diving heights coming into the GL region.. That's not a favorable wave interference there...

It is inside of D4, though, for the initial trough amplifying into the western TV region --

It seems to be compensating for a hostile wave-spacing by drilling for oil...

I suppose that block to the east near Bermuda is allowing it to drill further south, but just looked like the euro digging a bit too much. We'll find out soon..perhaps removing the digging aggressiveness yields a nice event..lol.

It seems to be compensating for a hostile wave-spacing by drilling for oil... but it's still there.   You can see at D4 how it "pinches" the dynamics between the west Atlantic ridge wall, and the diving heights coming into the GL region.. That's not a favorable wave interference there...

Yeah I actually just referenced that. I noticed that block yesterday, but certainly didn't expect that euro solution. I'm a little skeptical of that.

I suppose that block to the east near Bermuda is allowing it to drill further south, but just looked like the euro digging a bit too much. We'll find out soon..perhaps removing the digging aggressiveness yields a nice event..lol.

It's definitely a dubious appeal...   The Euro tends to have too much meridional structure to its medium ranges, as an on-going modeling performance (as you have already noted...), but D4 is ...heh, a bit inside that range, and typically the Euro ramps up its kingly status fairly quickly passing through that temporal boundary.  

But, just on the surface, in a fast flow with larger than life gradients (a seasonal affliction for this particular winter thus far...) maybe this GFS run is a better fit?    

gfs_namer_096_500_vort_ht.gif

Yeah I actually just referenced that. I noticed that block yesterday, but certainly didn't expect that euro solution. I'm a little skeptical of that.

LOL , yeah I saw, but I thought it would be confusing if I said I edited the original statement.  ...yeah

Gosh, and look at the 144 hour negative tilted screamer rippin' N along the EC?   That thing could bomb ...I bet that goes nutty as it lifts N of our lat/lon.

You know ... it's kind of maddening for storm geese ; this could be a fantastically dynamical week, but because of idiosyncratic nuance in stream deconstruction ... nothing happens sensible.  

Ha ha.  what a ram rod job

Yeah I think we toss this. It somehow finds a way to cutoff a low in this progressive pattern. Seems weird.

Several models, esp the Euro, have been alternatively cutting this thing off in the SE or mid-Atl for several days.  Ensembles have also been roughly clustering some wrapped up SE solutions with some sheared out weak NE coastals.

Several models, esp the Euro, have been alternatively cutting this thing off in the SE or mid-Atl for several days.  Ensembles have also been roughly clustering some wrapped up SE solutions with some sheared out weak NE coastals.

This morning I was thinking if this would be one of those anafrontal bands of mid level frontogenesis. Kind of had that look. Euro definitely went a different route, we'll see how the ensembles look. If you look at the Canadian...I can't totally argue with something like that.

Archived