• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 29th System

moneypitmike

This could be a cold bust for NWS Tan for middlesex and N worcester counties down here in Mass..  With the 18z NAM arriving that way it has, verbatim would thump as much as 6 inches of blue high impact snow.  

This could be one of those deals where the superstar athlete read their own news clippings and got distracted from performing in the next game.  Only in this paradigm, caught up in the weeds of a warm day (relative to normal)...    might make it hard to wrap heads around the idea that it can still snow given dynamics and a marginal setting.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the nrn hills on the east slopes have a shot. The hills kissing the NH border.

Scott, i was just gonna clarify my last post and say wrt higher elevations.

850's dont seem much different for cne or sne on meso's im lookin at w/ arctic front well north.

W this low track and dynamics i could see e slope berks (Pete, MPM) really busting positive esp AOA 1k and really ditto for subdude @1180 in Westminster and B Irving all the while it could be raining in concord,nh or non accumulating 34f glop.

Even Will at weenie hill could cash in w mashd taters/ ditto hubb dave . I see this as dynamics and elevation for the win in interior sne. Imagine if kev flips at 8pm ...4km 18z nam shows this

I may literally be sitting on the r/s line with this one. Map shows 4"-6" but I have a bad feeling with this one.

ride the Nam.:)

You are outrunning precip mike

really? I was anticipating it starting at the put by one.

This could be a cold bust for NWS Tan for middlesex and N worcester counties down here in Mass..  With the 18z NAM arriving that way it has, verbatim would thump as much as 6 inches of blue high impact snow.  

This could be one of those deals where the superstar athlete read their own news clippings and got distracted from performing in the next game.  Only in this paradigm, caught up in the weeds of a warm day (relative to normal)...    might make it hard to wrap heads around the idea that it can still snow given dynamics and a marginal setting.

agree on potential bust (potential). Nit so sure about that analogy, though. ;)

How much for Ayer?

I think GYX is being a little bullish with snowfall in the lower elevations of central NH. I would think 4-6 would be the top end in areas below say 900-1000 feet maybe even less

I think its a difficult call for areas less than say 450-600' bc 850's are close to isothermal in e central nh and BL temps SE of the lake are marginal am im not sure if dynamics will overcome them enuf for slowly accumulating 34 glop

Why?

GFS is very marginal at LCI. It has the look of a cold 33 rain for a lot of non elevated areas intuitively. It will be a thread the needle event for sure but I would think you need some elevation for this one. Obviously you know your climo better and I could be way off. GFS busted too cold today as a side note.

I think its a difficult call for areas less than say 450-600' bc 850's are close to isothermal in e central nh and BL temps SE of the lake are marginal am im not sure if dynamics will overcome them from general concord area SE

Yes exactly my thinking. Very stagnant and isothermal south of the whites. Perhaps the Lakes could salvage the stale airmass

I mean honestly w front well north of cne and best rates from south central nh to mass , and lp tracking over cape , i would think w marginal airmass elevations in interior sne may do better than 400' at KCON. I could be def wrong but just a thought.

Will mentioned if secondary develops quicker it could tap cold high pressure better not sure if that line of thinkin looks to apply and help areas aob 500' in east central nh /maine

Either way fun to track, esp as im gonna be driving N throughout day ...wether in 34 glop rain or 32.5 paste

Thanks to all who posted the gyx map. I had looked at that nap before posting but it looked weird to me. Print the presidential mountains of NH on the low side of a boundary with a marginal airmass doesn't make any sense to me. I'm thinkingthe 6-8 inch area expands to include the higher elevations of nh and western Maine. Still 4-8 inches of dense snow is a sweet thing this time of year. I'll be snowboarding somewhere on Monday.

I think its a difficult call for areas less than say 450-600' bc 850's are close to isothermal in e central nh and BL temps SE of the lake are marginal am im not sure if dynamics will overcome them enuf for slowly accumulating 34 glop

Yeah. I could see CON and MHT come away with very little. I would go 2-5 over the Lakes Region as of now stretching down into the terrain of SW NH with 1-2 into highly elevated ORH county. But this could turn out a cold rain even there (ORH cnty).

I think 6-9 is relegated to NE Carroll country with more in interior Maine

Yeah. I could see CON and MHT come away with very little. I would go 2-5 over the Lakes Region as of now stretching down into the terrain of SW NH with 1-2 into highly elevated ORH county. But this could turn out a cold rain even there (ORH cnty).

I think 6-9 is relegated to NE Carroll country with more in interior Maine

I think sw nh in monads esp any hill towns near Warner or so (1500') could score 6-8 and likely will w this track, dynamics and there elevation

What would you forecast in their seat?  Not trying to be argumentative in anyway...just wondering. 

Sooner or later they need to get off the fence and pick a solution... can't blame them for that.  You can't say Rain Likely with a chance of 6" of snow.

I think sw nh in monads esp any hill towns near Warner or so (1500') could score 6-8 and likely will w this track, dynamics and there elevation

Yes that's the potential. I think those areas do better than 600 ft in the Lakes region. I think SW NH will do significantly better then N ORH cnty.

Perhaps Plymouth to Tilton can salvage the cold air, but likely not SE of there. 

Archived